The Stash

28.2.11







I want my children to grow up thinking it's normal to eat several different fruits and vegetables each day. It is my responsibility to cultivate my kids taste buds. I can very clearly notice the distinct difference between jarred and fresh food. The fresh home made food tastes so much better. Have a bite:) Taste the difference for yourself. Making your own baby food is also a good way to get your child used to different textures. Plus, there is a very limited selection of foods available in the jars.

It tastes better, costs less and there's much more selection!

I know making baby food isn't for everyone. It has always been something I enjoyed doing and making baby food is easier than you might think. No different really than preparing yourself a meal, except this stash will last for quite a while. Spend a morning preparing and then you're set. 

If you have any questions on how certain vegetables are prepared, or at what age you start introducing each kind let me know. I'd be glad to help in any way!

*You might be wondering what the blue dark block is, it is stewed blueberries. I didn't mention it in the video.

2 comments:

Nicole Auld said...

I did the same thing for my kids---just smashed everything we ate and feed it to them without as much spices added. It is much cheaper to DIY.

Andrea said...

Mmmm...yum! I love to make my own baby food as well. How did you make the watermelon? And the Red pepper? I've looked for info. on how to make the red pepper but couldn't really find anything.

Cole is growing so fast, hey? He's getting cuter all the time too...and even though I rarely have time to comment I do love all the pictures of your kids!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP