I Miss Sleep

7.2.11



Recently Cole has started teething. Cole slept better as a newborn than he does now. We go to bed early and then get up at midnight, 3 and 5. Plus, getting up at least 5 times throughout the night to give Cole his soother that dropped out of his mouth. I just need for this little guy to sleep a little more at night. He sleeps in our room with us, and even if he didn't I don't believe a child should be left to cry-it-out all night. It has been proven fact about the psychological and physiological effects on a baby left to cry himself to sleep. Many studies have shown that it can lead to post traumatic stress and panic disorders in children which can carry on into adulthood. I won't go into a ton of details as this isn't what this post is about. Sometimes it does take Cole a few minutes of crying to fall asleep, but I am looking forward to the days where I can start sleeping longer stretches.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP