When The Big Boys Are Gone

12.1.11

When Jacob heads off to school around 8:30am, it is just Riley, Cole and I at home for the day. I can't even begin to count the number of times people have said

"Wow, you must have your hands full"

or

"You must be busy"

Both of which are obviously true. BUT, I admit I look forward to the week days. With Jacob and Ryan at school during the day, this is the most calm I see all week. I love watching Riley and Cole interact together. I love the way they make each other smile and the way I smile watching the two of them learn.

Kids smiles are so contagious!

I love the baby/toddler stage and I want to enjoy it as much as possible. I am so lucky to be able to stay at home. There is never a dull moment and I can't even count the number of times they make me laugh out loud. Bad days are extremely rare ..... though my definition of a bad day is if they go down for a nap at 1pm rather than 11am. Or when they have a cold. So even the hard days aren't too bad.





When the two big men/boys get home, the time together as a family is savored even more. Plus....by then I have an extra pair of helping hands :)

2 comments:

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

I miss those days when both napped. glad you get to enjoy some time alone with your littlest ones

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP