Jacob On Ice

5.1.11

Jacob got some ice skates from Grammie for Christmas that he was very excited to use. We have a skating rink almost right in our backyard. There are children/families from the community skating there all hours of the day. I don't think I have gone out during the day and not seen anyone there.

I thought Jacob might complain that the skates were too tight, or that he was tired, or stay out for 5 minutes then want to go in, but he didn't at all. Ryan carried him on to the ice and the fun began.

Ryan and I held each arm and skated together for the first while, then Ryan took Jacob on his own. Little by little Jacob worked up to standing all on his own, then to skating on his own. He did GREAT! He continues to surprise me with his determination, excitement and concentration.










4 comments:

JoanneSkelhorn said...

Good job Jacob!

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

looks like he did a great job and had a lot of fun

Maureen said...

Wow! Way to go Jacob! He's better than I am! I have never skated on an outdoor rink. Actually, I didn't even know they existed. I've only heard of indoor rinks and lakes/ponds for outdoors. Does having snow on the ground make it easier or harder to skate?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP