Decorating

7.1.11

I have lived so many different places throughout my almost eight years of marriage to Ryan. We haven't ever lived anywhere for more that two years. Our first home we spent two Christmas' in and where we currently are we have also spent the last two Christmas'. Other than that it has been a few months here and a few months there. We are anticipating staying here at least one more Christmas so that's a record for us lol!

When living in a place that you know you're not going to be in for very long, a lot of things don't get done. Things like nice curtains on the windows (why buy them when you're going to move and have completely different size windows), decorating, and putting pictures on our walls. There are a whole lot of other things. But, I  look forward to being able to make a cozy homey place for my family one day, but until then I am trying to make things as comfortable as possible at the place we currently are. I don't want to invest money on something that will only fit a temporary place.

I am pleased for the three photos of my boys that I have up. We rarely ever put anything up on our walls in past places so - progress is being made :)

It isn't much, and I do have a very different idea of what I want to do once we're some place larger. But for now I have three little dollar store black frames that I think work together rather well. I have no idea how to arrange pictures, so if you have any tips on decorating a small space let me know! I don't have one speck of home design expertise. Sadly, that is all I have up in my entire house other than maybe one other frame.

The pictures in the frames are even getting old lol. I still have yet to get an updated picture of Riley and Cole and I still need to order Jacob's school pictures that will end up in the frame eventually.



1 comments:

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

cute pictures. I'm sure once you find your forever home you'll have a blast decorating it

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP