One of Those Days

17.7.10

Today was just one of those days. Not that it was a busy day. We actually had the whole day to rest and be at home. Jacob had a play date at our neighbors house and Cole and Riley had great naps. I also had a good nap.

I don't know if it is changes in hormone levels, or just complete exhaustion but I have had a splitting headache for 2 days straight. I have been told it is normal after giving birth, but I haven't had anything like this with my other 2 pregnancies.

My incision is almost completely healed and looks great. Abdominal pain isn't really bothering me much compared to my headache. I didn't think I would feel much different after having Cole, considering I just went through this with Riley. But wow, after day nine I am feeling all the same things as I did with my first two. Yawnnnn...... I hope this doesn't last long.

How long did it take before you felt like yourself?

I always found the first month quite exhausting regardless. Were there any outings or hobbies or you time that you enjoyed to help you get through?

Cole has been enjoying his baths in the kitchen sink. I never liked fussing with the baby baths. The water always cooled off way too fast and never covered more than just their legs. And it made such a mess.

5 comments:

Acting Balanced Mom said...

Hoping the headache goes away! Your little guy definitely looks happy in his bath!

Maureen said...

If you had an epidural (or is it a spinal?), there is some special headache you can get. I've known women who ended up in ER due to these type of headaches being so bad. I never had a c-section, so physically, I always felt well with 24-48 hours. Mentally - well V is 21 months and I'm still not feeling myself, though I can see a glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel.

Debbie said...

It has been so long, I don't remember how long it took me to feel like myself again. Maybe I'll still trying to get there:)

Carrie said...

Aw, I'm so sorry about the headache! :( I've never had to have a C-section, so I can't imagine going through that recovery AND taking care of a newborn - the first three months are my least favorite part of parenting, although they're so tiny & adorable & my Natalie was the easiest baby ever, it's still hard & weird, since you're adding a new person to your family!!!

As far as feeling myself again, I don't know - after Z, I had some mild PPD issues & I didn't feel like my life was 'normal' until he was 6 months old - after Natalie, it has been emotionally easier for me, and Z has helped a lot with that - I think maybe around 6 weeks or 2 months before I felt 'normal' again - but, you know, with adding a new person to your family, it's like a NEW normal, it will never be the same as it was with 4 of you! Praying for you!!! :)

Brandi said...

Wow he looks like he's getting so big already! I can't believe it was just under 2 weeks ago that I met him. Crazy how fast babies grow!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP