New Baby - Week 1

15.7.10

It has been quite a week. It still feels like I just had Cole yesterday, but it has been a week - a whole entire week. CRAZY!!! The boys are adjusting so well. Jacob loves being a big brother and is his usual happy, helpful self. Wanting to hold Cole and take pictures of him. Riley is content as ever with something else to look at to entertain him. I am glad they are closer together in age because there is no big change for either of them. They don't really know anything else.

Other than being COMPLETELY tired ALL the time, the only complaint I have is just soreness. I just want to not be sore. The incision is healing up nicely. They used sutures this time rather than staples so the scar is half the size and barely noticeable.

The public health nurse came today and weighed Cole. He is now 7lb 4 oz. He is back above his birth weight. It is an encouraging sign that he gained this much and back to his birth weight in a week.


Other updates:

He sleeps 3-4 hour stretches.

He loves his baths.

Latches on great.

Out of all three of my boys he is the most content baby and I have yet to see him really cry. Yup, i'm 100% serious - I'v gone a whole entire week with a baby who hasn't cried. He will make baby coos and rooting sounds when he's ready for a feeding. Mostly I just have to look at the clock to know when it's time to eat again. No need to wait till he's screaming to finally come with food.

Overall, the first week hasn't been much different than before. I am kind of just waiting for the huge BANG of craziness to start that so many people experience after having a baby. Praise the Lord for a sweet, gentle, loving husband whose pretty much taken over absolutely every chore, all meals, both boys and me. The 2AM feeding is probably the most difficult part of everything. Ryan and I will watch old episodes of scrubs while Cole eats then we sleep till morning.

4 comments:

Acting Balanced Mom said...

so glad things are going well! 3-4 hours is great sleeping to start... time moves so quickly with little ones, you blink and they're toddlers... enjoy!

Melissa said...

I've heard that after 2 it gets easier. "They" (who's they?) say going from 1 to 2 is the hardest!
So glad things are going well.

Maureen said...

Wow! Glad to hear that things are going so well. I hadn't thought about it, but I guess you timed things well with Ryan on summer break (he is right?).

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

glad things are going well. having a baby who is easy is necessary when they are that close together in age. hope it continues to go smoothly for everyone

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP