My Litle Gardener

17.5.10


It has been a gorgeous week here in MB. The weather has been average of +25 all week and today it is supposed to be +28. I never thought I would be able to handle consistent temperatures in this range. BUT I LOVE IT! It is a dry heat and not muggy which I was used to in NS. The glaring sunshine is really motivating to take the kids for their daily walk to the park.

We went to the greenhouse to do a bit of gardening. Nothing too fancy, because I don't want to pay for a ton of plants that I may accidentally kill.

So we found a very inexpensive pot $4 and a bag of potting soil $3 and for $2 each we were able to get 3 kinds of flowers. I let Jacob choose. He loves to garden and I wanted him to experience his very own flower pot.

He chose one plant of mums, another pansies, and another petunias. All are a pretty bedding plant. Jacob put the soil in the pot, dug a little hole to put the plants and packed it all down. As always he was very careful. He has been watering them every morning since then. I think it turned out pretty beautiful. Jacob is pretty proud of his work and it looks great on out back deck.

5 comments:

Stam House said...

Sweet! lovely flowers!!!

I can't wait for some heat here! it's been freezing cold for a few weeks :-(

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

looks like he did a great job. hope his arrangement flourishes for him

Brandi said...

Good for Jacob! So fun to see what they all enjoy as they grow older.

Maureen said...

I didn't realize that it got so hot there! Glad it's a dry heat though. Heat and pregnancy do not mix well. I noticed a funny lingo difference, in the U.S. (at least in the NW) we go to a "nursery" to buy plants. A "greenhouse" in the U.S. (once again, it could be different on the east coast) is a structure for raising plants in as it keeps them warmer - it has clear walls and roof.

Keira said...

Where I work it's called a nursery, but it is made up of greenhouses! Not sure how the linguistics there developed...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP