Sock Puppet

10.3.10

(Jacob says Riley is visiting his house)

Every day I try to do at least one special thing together with my kids. Some days it is going for a walk to the park, making muffins (or any other sort of baking), coloring and making puppets etc. There are endless possibilities. On the morning cartoons Jacob saw a little boy making a sock puppet with his grandfather. Jacob loved it so much he ran over to me saying he wanted to make a sock puppet.

It melted my heart. I remember when I was little and I used to do the SAME THING! I like seeing similarities to my boys to me. Even though they are the opposite sex, they definitely have a few traits like me. Pretty amazing.


So yesterday, when I was out for my ultrasound, and prenatal appointments I went to the dollar store and found a few supplies:


- Cotton balls

- Felt

- Foam paper

- Buttons

- Googly eyes

You could even use yarn for hair or I've even seen pipe cleaners. You can get as creative as you want. The only thing that really cost any money was the fabric glue which was about $5.00. We will show you the finished product as soon as they dry!

We are planning on turning Jacob's "house" in the above picture into a puppet stand. He loves getting into old, big boxes. He will put his crayons, blankets and pillows in with him. Cutting a square window out of the top and you'll have yourself you very own entertainment. Who knows what Jacob will come up with :)


3 comments:

Kel said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing!

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

how fun... my boys love boxes too

Stam House said...

so much fun!!! Can't wait to see the final product!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP