More Kids??

15.3.10


Ever since I was little I vowed I would never have any kids. Even when I was in university, and when I married Ryan I was very adamant - I was not having kids. If anyone had of told me I would have had 3 kids in my 20's I would have laughed. I would NOT have believed it. Even Jacob was a 'surprise' to say the least. Ryan and I were both still in university when I found out. WHAT??!!!! I couldn't understand. Especially since I was taking the pill up till THE DAY I found out I was pregnant. I had gone to the pharmacy to get a refill - paid for it and was going to leave before the pharmacist offered to do a test for free. I thought - why not. I had SO many pregnancy tests done when I was on the needle form of birth control, that were all negative. That's a story for another day.

So I was pregnant. After going 2 weeks late and being induced and in labor for almost 3 days I ended up with a c-section because of Jacob's positioning. He was only 7lb 13 oz so pretty average size. I said I would NEVER go through that again. Ryan and I were resolved we would have an only child. As you have probably noticed the age difference between Riley and Jacob - almost 5 years. haha

Now here I am expecting my 3rd beautiful baby boy and I am THRILLED to be a mom of three boys. Who would have thought?!!!

My question is:
How do I go from not wanting children, to not knowing if I want to be finished when I already have three???? Or will I ever feel finished?

For all the mom's out there, how did you know you were done??? Or did you know, and just felt content with the # you had? I would love to hear your experiences.

8 comments:

Acting Balanced Mom said...

I can't say for sure how each child will affect your life... but I know that for me, if I am not pregnant by the end of this year, I will allow my husband to go get the big 'v' he's been wanting... because I know that I won't want to be 35 and pregnant and have to undergo the additional battery of tests that are required after that age... It took me almost 5 years to conceive Liam so I'm ok with only having two, but if I'm blessed with a third than it is meant to be...

I really think it's a matter of personal choice and financial ability... if you and your hubby want to continue to have a bigger family and you can manage~then go for it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Shell said...

I always thought that I wanted 4. But, we are done at three. Just a feeling that we both have that we're done. That and I could have 4, but twins run in my family but I haven't had them yet...so we think if we try for 4, we'll have 5 and that somehow just seems overwhelming.

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

My husband and I had agreed upon 2 before we were even married. We each came from a family with a boy and a girl and I think expected that to happen to us too, but as you know it wasn't it the plans. I was a tad bit disappointed when I found out I was having a 2nd boy, but it never crossed my mind to try for a third. I think my age also played a role in the decision as I turned 35 shortly before having Colby. I think the other big factor for me anyway was the fact that I wasn't in love with being pregnant, I didn't dislike it but I'm not one of those I love being pregnant people

3LittleMonkeys said...

I was the same as you...in my early 20's I didn't want kids. But when I turned 27, something hit me hard...I suddenly wanted them.

We knew we wanted at least 2. After having 2 boys, I thought we might have a 3rd but not for a few years. However, our little "surprise" happened 6 months after our second child was born and now, I wouldn't have it any other way!

But....3 kids in 2 1/2 years....this mommy is done!

Stam House said...

LOL my mother in law had 12 children and she says that she was felling that she was starting to feel like it was time to have another one when Harry and I got preggo then that feeling change to, I got my own now it's time to be a grandmother hehe!!!

Rebekah was the first Grand children and but this summer she will have 9 grand babies!!!

Andrea said...

Good question...I ask myself that all the time. I always thought 4 kids would be our max...but now that I'm almost done pregnancy #3 I wonder if I really only want to do this ONLY one more time? I love, love, love kids and think every single one is a blessing...soooo, I have a feeling we might end up having more than 4 kids...but we will see. I do wonder all the time though if I will ever feel done??

Melissa said...

I love being pregnant and we love babies so both my DH and I want to have as many as we can:)We really haven't picked a number. We're just going to go with it. Age does factor in, though. I really want to get them all out by the time I'm 35 or 36, so can we crame 4 more into 4 more years???

Stacey said...

If I could skip being pregnant and giving birth, I would likely have more kids! But I just don't want to go through that all again. And Keith probably would have been done after two, so we've already compromised :) I really do feel done, though I know I'm going to miss the baby stage. I'll just have to borrow other people's babies!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP