Riley @ 8 Months & Nesting

2.3.10

Riley has been growing like a weed. Every day I am seeing more and more change. He is crawling all over the house keeping up with Jacob. Whatever Jacob is doing, Riley will be there. I am so glad they love entertaining each other. There really isn't any sibling rivalry to speak of. I am sure that will change as Riley gets a few years older, but by then, Jacob will be at school during the day and Riley at home with the new baby. Riley is now clapping and laughing at the sound it makes.

I turned my back for a moment when I was vacuuming the floor and he was already up 2 stairs. I couldn't believe it. Who would have thought stairs could be so exciting. Thankfully we have a gate for the top of the stairs, but when I am doing house work down stairs, I have to keep my eyes on him. Or close the bedroom door we're in. Lots of options.

Riley sleeps well. Both him and Jacob go to bed at 7:30. Riley will usually, without fail, gets up sometime between 4 & 5 which is completely fine with me. Jacob was the same way at that age. The definition of 'sleeping through the night' to me is sleeping 8 hrs at once. Then he gets fed and sleeps till we get up at 7.


As for nesting. I feel it coming on in full force. Is that possible? I have heard it usually hits during the last trimester, especially right before labor. I'm not complaining. I have the cleanest and most organized kitchen cupboards I've ever had - food boxes and cans organized by height. I am re-organizing closets and bought several fabric and plastic totes/baskets to organize toys by size and type.

Right now nesting is only in a few areas, my laundry still needs to be folded and put away. At least I will have plenty to keep me occupied for the next 3-4 months.

What did you feel the urge to clean when you were nesting?

13 comments:

Acting Balanced Mom said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and finding me - yours is great! I totally remember nesting with my pregnancy...from the minute the 3rd trimester hit...
H.

Crystal said...

What precious babies! I see your Babystrology thing. Are you pregnant again? You stopped by earlier from POM. I'm not a mommy yet, but hopefully soon! We haven't started officially trying hardcore (we have in the past) yet, I have medical issues where I have to be off of certain meds. But it's in the plans right now & we hope to be pregnant by the end of the year if everything were to go well. If not, well, it's in God's hands for us. We're getting much older (mid-30's) & need to get a move on b/c we want at least 4 kids, God willing! I love the overalls picture. So cute! ;) Thanks for stopping by!!

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

so cute. glad your guys are getting along so well already. Jacob's world is really going to be rocked when there are two trying to keep up with him (o:

I never went through the nesting thing with either of my boys. I was usually too tired at the end to care if things were clean

Susan Tipton said...

Thanks for hopping over to my "place".

I cleaned Everything! I mopped my kitchen floor with my last baby while I was in labor:)

Carolina Girl said...

Soo adorable! I nested from second trimester on...not sure what that means but I did.

Kristi said...

Ah, laundry is always the worst!!! When I'm nesting I at least get al the new baby stuff washed in some Dreft, I love love love a basket full of Dreft-smelling soft baby clothes! You've a beautiful family, thanks for checking out my blog, too!

MsBabyPlan said...

Hello Shanilie, thanks for stopping by. Congratulations on your preggo. Hear you soon.

MsBabyPlan said...

Hello Shanilie, thanks for stopping by. Congratulations on your preggo. Hear you soon.

Life Without Pink said...

Looks like we have a lot in common :) Your boys are adorable, great photos! Look forward to following your adventures.

Shell said...

Sweet brotherly love!

Sibling rivalry started here when a younger brother would start to walk.

3LittleMonkeys said...

Awww..so adorable! I love that age.

I never had the nesting bug when I was preggers. I hear it's quite common though.

Melissa said...

How absolutely adorable your boys are! I LOVE the one of Jacob kissing Riley. What a great big brother! And as far as nesting, it NEVER happened to me. I'm just a mess...

Stam House said...

LOL nesting always happens to me around mid pregnancy last a few month and a day or two before baby comes I just feel totally drained and want to sleep all day hehe!

Sorting trough clothes and preparing meal in advance (to be frozen and use after baby) is major part of my nesting.

Right now I do 6 loads of laundry a day!!! ya I know crazy!!! but all the baby clothes NEEDS to be cleaned (even if I washed them before putting them away a few months ago!!!!) All the baby clothes NEEDS to be sorted by gender, size, season etc... (yes we have a box full of little boys clothes for just in case)

All our girls clothes needs to be sorted by size again , they grow so fast.

Rearranging our family closet (we do not have closet in our home so our spare room is a big closet) everything needs to be organized!!!

I cleaned our fridge, bleach and all!!!

cooked a few meals but nausea prevents me to prepare more so hopefully I'll feel better soon and be able to do it or have someone to do it for me!!! Just thinking about it keeps me up at night !!! Yes another things that NEEDS to be done!!!!

So you could see that is lots of NEEDS but apparently those NEEDS are only NEEDS to be lol! Weird how our pregnancy brains function!!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP