Pregnancy Update Week 20

20.2.10


GUESS WHAT?!! I'm half way through!


This last week or so my belly has just POPPED! I feel like my belly is sticking out 2 feet haha. I have been feeling a TON of movement. Weight gain so far 3 lbs. Being heavier this pregnancy my doctor said it is fine to gain very little if any, which is what I did with Riley. Trying to be active and eat healthy. With being small my whole life, it is definitely an adjustment being the largest I have ever been. But I am prego so no obsessing because having a belly is not only normal, it is BEAUTIFUL! I love preggo bellies.

I will completely savor every aspect of this pregnancy - even the unplesant stuff because it is my LAST!

Yes..... It is true, Ryan and I were both very eager and excited to book his 10 minute - no scalpel vasectomy for March 29th.

My ultra sound is on TUESDAY! 3 more days and I will find out what sex this little person is.

20 Week Info:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels.

So far I haven't really been having any unplesant side effects. No back pain - yet. Though I have been having a LOT of sleepless nights. I was like that with my other 2 as well. I wonder why it is when you're pregnant you can't sleep? I always figured it was because it was a way for the body to prepare for those midnight feedings, but I realllllyyy need my sleep.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Looking good! It's so nice reach the 1/2 way mark, hey? I can't wait to hear what the sex of your little one is!! How exciting! And I'm glad that you've been having an easy pregnancy so far too. :)

Tina said...

I too look forward to hearing what you are having.

Samantha @ Mama Notes said...

You look beautiful! How exciting to find out the sex soon!!

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

looking good... can't wait to hear what baby #3 will be

Stacey said...

You look great Shanilie :)

Maureen said...

How exciting! The weeks have flown by! Are you hoping for a boy or girl? Or just a healthy baby, and don't care if it's a boy or girl?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP