Pregnancy Update - Week 18

1.2.10


I still feel like I just found out I'm pregnant. Then I blink and now I am quickly approaching my second trimester. Up till now I have not felt like I have been pregnant. Especially now that I have absolutely no morning sickness left. With the last two it lasted till at least month 5 or 6 with medication and now it only lasted till month 4 with no medication! I'd say that is progress.

I have my ultrasound scheduled for this month so I am counting down the days. I can't wait!

Another thing I have been noticing is MOVEMENT??? Is that possible? I feel like it is way to early, but some days I am convinced that I am feeling him/her. When did you start noticing movement?

Other than my belly starting to feel hard, I have not been showing any. It will probably be closer till month 5 before I start noticing really big changes. That is how it was with the first 2 as well.

Being pregnant at this point just makes me feel VERY tired all the time. Just doing the slightest thing exhausts me, and when I am hungry I am ravenous. I eat just a little and I get filled up quick, I guess there isn't much room left for my stomach haha.Usually frequent smaller meals do the trick.

My cravings so far are anything with strawberries, pears, and granola bars.

I am so excited to be having #3. I know in the beginning I was quite shocked and baffled about having another baby but that feeling has completely faded and has been replaced by excitement, anticipation and joy. I love being a mom, I love that Jacob loves being a big brother, I love how kind, gentle, and protective he is of Riley, and Riley well...he just lights up the room with his smiles. He is will be 8 months shortly and in so many ways is not an infant any more. He is crawling around the house wanting to keep up with Jacob. I call him my little rascal because he gets into everything.

I am soooo blessed and am so glad to soon be a family of 5. We will be finding out the sex this time around, I didn't with Riley but I plan to this time. I REALLY want to know.

What do you think? another boy? or a girl? I will let you know as soon as we find out. There is no way this will be kept a secret :D


13 comments:

3LittleMonkeys said...

That is the most adorable picture! So cute!
I'm guessing another boy!

Connie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better this time around, morning sickness-wise. When I began reading this post, I said to myself, I'm going to ask her if they're finding out the gender this time~& then you answered my question :)

I'm guessing GIRL!! You should put a poll up on your blog ;)

Great pic of Riley~he's such a cutie~as is Jacob :)

Take care & enjoy your babies & pregnancy :)

Carrie said...

wow - 18 weeks? It IS going fast! I think with my 2nd I felt movement around that time - it is such a blessing to be able to feel the baby move - so fun!!! :)

I can't wait to know what you're having - I always want to know as soon as possible! :)

Andrea said...

That's crazy that you're 18 weeks already!! You're only 8 weeks behind me! :) And as for the movement thing...you could totally feel the baby moving at 18 weeks! My Dr. said that for 2nd and 3rd pregnancies it is common to feel the baby moving at about 16 weeks. I think with this one...my 3rd one...I felt the baby a FEW times at 15 weeks, and then at 16 weeks I started to feel it more often, though definitely not all the time...but sometimes...you know when they really give a good kick or something.

And I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl! Hmmmm...my guess is boy. :)

Maureen said...

I'm not good at these things, but if I was to guess, I'd say girl this time. Riley does look like a little rascal. I felt movement earlier with my later pregnancies, but not the 5th. I was really worried because I couldn't feel much movement with her at all. The doctor said that placement can make you feel the baby less or more. Plus, in my case, he thought the placenta was on my stomach side, so it was adding extra padding that she had to kick through for me to feel it.

Carolina Girl said...

Oh what a beautiful family you have! Thanks for following my blog. I'm glad I checked yours out and will most certainly be reading it. At 43 I'm stopping with just one child so it is always fun to follow along with someone elses pregnancy. Can't wait for all the updates...Jamie

Stacey said...

Yay for feeling movement! I actually felt my third later than my other two. Rowan was around 14 weeks, Bria 15, and this one 16. Enjoy those moments :) Oh, and I'm going to vote for another boy.

Jenny said...

Hi there! Thanks for coming by my blog and following! I'll follow you as well!

Talk about some healthy cravings! Good for you.
I started feeling movement at about 14-15 weeks with my third... so I don't think 18 is too early at all. I think we know what we're feeling more the third time around. I love pregnancy and childbirth. I'm a childbirth educator with an emphasis on natural birth. Hope you get some of your energy back soon. It's hard when you are running after two already!

Samantha @ Mama Notes said...

congrats on your pregnancy!!

I love your blog layout and look! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Ute said...

Hi Shanilie,

huhu, how exciting guessing if you will a have a boy or a girl. I guess it will be a girl. With two big brothers, she will be their princess!

I still remember that I was sooo tired during the third part of pregnancy too, but it is so long ago, can hardly believe that the girls are turning six this month.

Viele Grüße von Ute

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

congrats on your latest addition to your family! I say you are going to have a girl this time

Ameya said...

Thanks for the sweet note & follow! How exciting, another baby! My guess is girl! =)

Stam House said...

glad that your felling better, yap #3 make mama's tired LOL
I usually feel MVTS abound 14 weeks from the inside and it's showing from the outside around 18 weeks!!!!

It would be nice it you would have a girl, were are hoping for a boy but would be very happy with a girl too!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP