IT'S A BOY!!!

25.2.10

Well, we got the results from the ultrasound.

Yes, it is very surprising. I couldn't believe it actually when the
teck said

...............it was a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really know how I felt at that moment. Of course there were feelings of surprise, shock, and perhaps an initial pang of disbelief. Even before I knew the sex, I have loved this baby. Every time I feel him move, I would melt.


So many people have asked me if I was disappointed and sad. It is aggravating because this is our little blessing. We know he is healthy and growing and measuring great for 21 weeks. That is really all that matters. Even if he wasn't healthy, or if something showed up it's not like I would love him less. It is out of our control and I have come to the conclusion that God must think I am reallllllyyy great with boys haha.

My mom has all grandsons to this point, and the last 9 kids born into my family have been boys. WOAH!! I jokingly said that to the teck, and she said it goes back to 50/50 every time.

This by far has been the best ultrasound experience I have ever had. With the first, the lady said nothing for 20 mins. before the dr. came in to look at everything to say it was ok for Ryan to come in, and for that whole time I was freaking out on the inside thinking something must have been terribly wrong.

With Riley, Ryan wasn't even allowed in the room and after MUCH prodding they finally showed Ryan a few of the still images that they took. Th
en we spent 100$ for a CD of pictures that were mailed out to us weeks later.

This time, Ryan was allowed in within minutes. She spent about a half hour with us just following the baby as he was all over the place. We cuddled, held hands and got all emotional and choked up together seeing this beautiful little creation. I just wanted to hold him sooooo bad. Then we only had to spend $20 for a CD of pictures AND videos.


Now we just need to come up with a name. We have some ideas that we love but we're running out of boys names haha jk. I will post some videos once we go to USee Baby. It will be our first experience with 3D ultrasounds.

15 comments:

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

boy oh boy... you've got your hands full of boys. Got to love little boys. and I know what you mean about people asking if you are sad it isn't a girl. and people will continue to ask... going to try for the girl next? Glad you had a positive experience and your newest little guy is doing well

Jenny said...

What a blessing! Boys are so much fun! I'm excited for you.

Have you entered my giveaway yet? Come on over and enter!

Have a great day.

Shell said...

Aw, congrats!

I love my boys and wouldn't trade any of them for a girl. ;)

Pamela said...

Boys rule. I was shocked when I was told my third was a boy but now, I soak it in each and everyday! I'm surrounded by testosterone!

Sara said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!

3LittleMonkeys said...

YAY...a boy! Welcome to the 3 boy's club!

Vivianne's Vista said...

Congrats on a healthy baby! I remember those feelings of joy when I discovered the sex of the baby. I'm almost tempted to have another...

Melissa said...

Congrats! Yey for boys!!

Carolina Girl said...

Congrats!!! My mom's first three kids were boys ande then I came along. I love having older brothers, they were always there looking out for me. I just have the one son and we don't plan on having any more and I couldn't imagine my world any different. I'm so happy for you.

Keira said...

That's so interesting that all the grandkids are boys! I know another family like that. In mine it was tied between girls and boys until my seventh niece came along! My sis-in-law is expecting for fall so we'll see if it comes back to a tie.
It's so weird when people ask about being disappointed with the gender. Like we all order our families out of catalogues!! No one would ask if you were disappointed at your baby's eye colour or shape of face . . . at least I hope not . . .
Three boys should be a blast.

Andrea said...

How exciting! :) Boys are just as fun as girls!! And that's awesome that you had such a good ultrasound experience this time around! Here all the ultrasounds are like this one...hubby's allowed in, and so are kids over 10 yrs. or something...but I don't have anyone over 10 yet! :) Seeing your baby move and "play" inside of you is SOOO special though, isn't it? Makes you wish pregnancy was shorter than 9 months! haha. :)

Maureen said...

He's precious! I love ultrasound pictures! It's such a miracle to be able to see a baby in utero. It's like being let in on a very special secret.

Kel said...

Congrats! I wish you all the best(and secretly hope to be in your positin real soon!)!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I have to admit that I was hoping for a girl during my second pregnancy. BUT as soon as I found out I was having a boy I was thrilled. I would love to have another one!

Darcy said...

that is so super sweet! stopped by from FF...congratz.

justanightowl.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP