Enjoying The Simple Life

5.2.10


I really love family time. Being able to play board games together at the kitchen table, snuggle in bed together till all hours of the morning, and sit together in the evening watching a good family movie. I guess you could say I am a traditionalist.

I love cooking special meals at home and watching my husbands face light up with appreciation, rather than going to an expensive restaurant.
I don't have lavish amounts of money to go traveling all across the world, but to be able to see various parts of Canada that I love is so nostalgic in a way. Looking at the mountains out west (Where I was born -BC), the beautiful sunsets across the flat lands (Where I live now -MB), and the ocean of our first home next to the Bay of Fundy -NS. Not that I don't want to go and take a few months and backpack through Europe or go on some exotic honeymoon. To be able to curl up to a hot cup of tea, read a good book or even cuddle with my man makes me the most happy person in the world. I am thrilled to say I can do what I love this Friday evening and enjoy going out to rent a movie and be together with my family.

9 comments:

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

Following you from Follow Friday. I've never been to Canada, so I'll visit thru you, ok?

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

it's the simple things that mean the most to kids too. sit back and enjoy the little moments of life

Crystal HW said...

I agree, family time is wonderful! I remember as a kid we had Monday nights set aside so that we all knew it was Family night. Some of my favorite memories as kids was on those ngihts.

ANd true, Canada has so much diversity to see and enjoy. Living in Alberta, I am close to flat prairies, the Rocky Mountains, Cypress Hills, and all sorts of fun things to go and see. One day I want to make it out east and see that side of the country....one day.

3LittleMonkeys said...

I'm with ya on this one! I love family time spent at home, everyone together and relaxed!

The Mommyologist said...

I think that it is wonderful that you have your priorities straight and that you can appreciate everything you have in your life! I loved this post.

Simply Stacie said...

Following you from the Friday Follow!

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

Midday Escapades said...

Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow! I am now your blog follower. Happy weekend!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

Keira said...

Hey Shan! It's been a long time since I've accessed your blog, because I think I kept clicking on an old link or something, and so I gave up for awhile. I tried a different one now (I guess) and it worked! Wow, your baby is so big! I think the last time I visited your blog was maybe a month after he was born. And to my surprise you are expecting a third now! Congratulations!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Hi I love your blog. This post really made me think. Welcome to the Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower. So glad to have you with us. I'm way behind but here I am.

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP