Out of Touch

22.1.10

I have hardly blogged at all in the last year or so. I have always been an off-again on-again kind of blogger, but when you disappear for a long period of time viewers quit coming. Not that it's all about that, but I do enjoy conversing encouragement with other moms.

So I feel like I am starting from scratch again. I am tempted to start yet another url, but that probably wont happen till baby number 3 arrives.

I need to figure out how to increase blog viewers. Perhaps I'll have to join a few blogrolls? Visit new mom sites. etc.

Any other ideas?

I love to blog, but I don't know how I'll find the time once we become a family of 5.

Life with 2 has been sooooo easy. SO much easier than even when I had one. You ask why..... well, with your first everything is so new and you have to learn it all from scratch, learn how to live with all the new love and joy that comes with having a child, and all sorts of different adjustments. By the time number 2 came along I was ready, physically & emotionally I knew what to expect. Not only that, I had Jacob who was so much more self-sufficient who every day loves to entertain Riley and hand me diapers/wipes when needed and he enjoys it too. He loves being a helper. With 2 Ryan can hold one and I can hold the other.

BUT...

I am wondering, what will it be like with 3? I am encouraged that Jacob will be in school in the fall and we don't plan on moving again, well at least for a LONG time and it won't be across Canada. I am glad Ryan is around a lot more and doesn't have to travel hours a day as he can just walk to work.

andddd

My parents are coming to visit us. We are picking them up from the airport on Sunday. One on the many things we get excited about.

I can't believe it has been 7 months since they last saw Riley. Time flew by. We are enjoying life in MB but there will always be days that I will miss life in NS. I am sure there will be frequent visits back and forth which I am glad for because Jacob gets the most excitement in his life when he visits family. I don't want to see that enthusiasm diminished. I believe family should be just as excited to see him as he is of them.
So just hang in there as I try to get back into blogging a little more faithfully.

5 comments:

3LittleMonkeys said...

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but.....3 is much harder than 2, at least for me it was. However, my 3 are so close together (all 15 months apart) so my oldest isn't in school yet. Having one in school will probably help you a lot.

Someone told me it was really hard going from 2 to 3 kids, 3 to 4 is easier, and after 5, well.....you've got it down pat by then!

All I can say is, don't be afraid to ask or accept help from others!

Maureen said...

Now for us, going from 1 to 2 was hard, but 2 to 3 was easy. Mine were 16 months apart and then 16 months apart. I think by umber 3, I was so used to doing baby stuff all the time, it just wasn't a biggie. Plus, her personality was very easy going. Going to 4 kids was very difficult, due to the spacing. Going to five kids was easy enough with the age difference, though Vivi is a very demanding baby. Even if she was my only child, it would be exhausting. I don't have any real advice about blogging, I ended up dropping my mom blog due to not being able to keep up with Vivi and the blog. Maybe you shouldn't try to expand your readership until the baby is at a stage where you know you can be somewhat more committed (like 6-9 months old)... that way you don't spend the effort, start having to take breaks, lose readers as a result, and have to start all over.

Ute said...

Hi Shanilie,

thanks for your comment on my blog. It is good to see you back in the blogging world again. And thanks for stopping by although I'm not blogging in english anymore, I simply can't find the time.

And regarding your comment: Your are so right, Milou is a wonderful cat, and of course you couldn't know, that she left us at this day. She was with us for eleven years, she died in our arms, I miss her so much, but now she is at a better place, where she is not ill anymore.

I'm really looking foward visiting your blog regularly and see how life will be with three little ones. Don't worry about blog visitors, they will come along.

Viele Grüße
Ute

Stacey said...

I'm still here, reading when you post ;) I'm pretty nervous about how I will handle three kids. Somehow, we make it through!

Carrie said...

Going from one to 2 has been much easier for us than just one, too- but all my friends say it only gets easier. You will do just fine- ignore the naysayers and know God will give you the strength for all your boys. love your header & it's great to hear from you more! :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP