I'm Back!!

4.8.09

Hello to all of my bog readers. It is good to be back! I had decided, as you all noticed to take a break from blog land for the month of July. It really was a whirl wind.

I recently linked my blog to my
Facebook account, so you can also view my posts via Facebook notes.

Here is a quick overview of our latest happenings since the birth of our second:


After coming home from the hospital I was healing still on medication for pain for almost 2 weeks. Riley was born on a Tuesday, and since we were flying out to MB exactly 7 days later we still had a whole entire house to pack up and clean. We worked and worked. I was SO tired, I literally cried. I am sure that had a lot to do with pregnancy hormones & being overtired at one point I couldn't even lift my arms anymore. I just sat there with Riley laying on my chest.

We made it to departure day and got up at 3AM to catch our shuttle to the airport at 4:00AM and by 5:30AM we were all checked in and all set to go on the airplane. Now we're all settled and LOVING being here. The day we arrived we had family helping us, so I was able to rest and finally have a chance to recuperate. You can't imagine the joy and relief I felt arriving in the Winnipeg Airport! But I am glad that we did do everything all at once. This way we were able to enjoy all summer.

Here is Riley's baby announcement: (I was just going to do basic cards, but I decided that since I am always designing new blog headers I should attempt my own baby announcement. It was a lot of fun. I think I might to this again at Christmas for our family greeting photo we usually send.

I will post more pictures tomorrow. I will also mention how Jacob is enjoying being a big brother.

5 comments:

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

hope things are going smoother for you now.. that is crazy trying to do all that at once.

and welcome to the world Riley!

Stam House said...

Love the birth announcement! glad to read you up here :-)

Stacey said...

Welcome back!! Sounds like you're settling in. I know I need to drop by soon!

Carrie said...

Glad you're back - Riley is adorable & growing SO fast & your birth announcement is super-cute as well!!! :)

Maureen said...

I love the announcement! He is so adorable! I cannot imagine how you were able to pack and clean with a one week old. Seriously, I just cannot imagine it. The first week with Persephone were crazy. She and I both had some medical issues, plus the lack of sleep. I'm glad you're settled though!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP