Riley's Birth

22.6.09

Hi everyone!! I am home from the hospital and doing well. I am SO glad to be home! Uncomfortable beds, babies crying, up all night lol.

I just wanted to be ho
me with my whole family of four. Thankfully Jacob only had to spend 2 nights with family.

I am sure you're all excited to hear a little more info. on Riley......

I LOVE HIM!!! HES SO SMALL! and SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!

I didn't know the sex ahead of time, and everyone was convinced I was going to have a girl. So when they announced it was a boy - I was thrilled. Tears streaming down my face listening to Riley make his first cries. I know I would have loved any child regardless of the sex, but I guess I am bias because I just love Jacob so much that I just love my boys!!!!

A quick overview of the delivery.

As you all know it was a scheduled c-sectio
n. I arrived at the hospital bright and early at 7:30AM and was all prepped and ready to go by 9:00AM. By 9:36AM Riley was introduced to the world.

They gave me a spinal this time, I was hoping for an epidural - but they assured
me that a spinal was quicker and very safe. My complaint with the spinal is that you can feel EVERYTHING! The pulling, tugging, grinding, pressure. EEEWW! A side effect is feeling very itchy - and I was for the whole time I was in the hospital. Scratching from head to toe.

Overall It was pretty painless, and am still on some pain meds they brought me home with. I have been keeping up with them so it never really wears off. I am glad I didn't have to have the 24 hours of labor before hand like last time around.


The incision is clean, and not infected - so fingers crossed that it will stay that way.


"Ryan got to cut the umbilical cord"

Riley is a lot smaller than Jacob was, and not just in weight. His head, chest, and limbs are very skinny to me, and very long.
I also noticed is VERY blue eyes. I know babies eyes change color gradually in the first few weeks, but this is unmistakeably blue. Jacob were black when he was born and are now brown like Ryan's and Riley's are blue like mine. I love that!

Now I am just taking care of this little baby!


It is so much easier the second time around.

Here is a photo of Jacob meeting his little brother for the first time.

It is so wonderful to be a family of four

"My 2 precious boys"

8 comments:

Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy said...

that is a great picture of your two little guys!

Keira said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you, Shan! What a beautiful family.

Carrie said...

What a precious little guy - well, your two little guys!!! :) How fun! I'm glad the birth went well & your recovery is going smoothly! And I'm glad that you said it's easier the 2nd time - that's a huge encouragement to me, since I'm expecting my 2nd in December & I had a tough time adjusting to my first. :)

Andrea said...

I'm so glad it went well...and that last photo of Jacob and Riley is super cute!!

Maureen said...

Ohhh, that whole feeling the pulling, tugging, grinding and so forth sounds like it is very unpleasant! Eeeww is right! The end result was a beautiful baby though! We have the same eye variation. We have three with blue eyes even though we both have hazel. One daughter has hazel, but our youngest son has the same dark brown eyes that you're talking about. They were like that from birth also. With all of our kids with blue eyes, it was so apparent they were blue and going to stay that way. Still, people would tell us, oh no, they'll change. The daughter with hazel eyes had blue at birth, but it was a very different blue that you could tell would change. The clear blue eyes just don't change, at least not for us. Congrats again!

~Billie~ said...

OMG!!! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! I love the photos. He is so precious. The last one is my favorite, though. Too cute!

Dianna said...

AAAWWW SO HAPPY For you I agree 2 boys are great to have. i think we have a PERFECT fam with2 boys and one darling girl! Glad to read that things are going well for you.

Drea said...

awe congrats!! u will LOVE having two boys!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP