Ryan's Away

18.5.09

Ryan flew 4 provinces away to MB. He has interviews for various teaching positions in MB. The principal told us even if he doesn't get a job right away that these interviews will help open doors for other postings. We're hopeful.

Other than working in the city and spending a weekend away for work here and there, he never really has been so far apart for this long of a period of time. Doesn't seem real.

Here is a little clip from the first email he sent me when he arrived:

" It is almost surreal being here at this point - feels kind of strange. Things have changed so much since I was a kid in terms of the things that I have experienced that it seems like a whole other lifetime ago, and that is a good thing. I have a beautiful wife and wonderful family of my own. I want you here more than you could possibly know. That's one of the things that makes it so strange at this point. This may be where I grew up, but without you here, it is just not home, and never could be anymore. Nowhere would feel right if you weren't with me. That is something I have definitely realized and hit "home" again when I got here, actually even as I was getting on the plane. I feel an emptiness by being apart like this, even for a few days. I am so thankful for you and know that God has blessed me beyond what I deserve, or could ever have imagined. I want to honor and cherish that blessing he has given me."

I share everything else on here, so I thought I would share that tidbit with you. So now you can see how we were able to thrive on a long distance relationship lol jk. Though, he does write a darn good letter!

*The above pictures were taken the day before Ryan left. It was a gorgeous, sunny 22+ day that we thoroughly enjoyed together as a family. It has been raining ever since lol

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Yes, I can see it! He is very eloquent and soooooo romantic! I have returned home many times and it is weird to go home to where you grew up if it has changed much. It is the same and completely different at once. Now I get lost in the city I grew up in, San Diego.

~Billie~ said...

Aww! How sweet! I love the pictures too. I'll swap you the rain, though. It's supposed to get up to 93* here. HOT!

Andrea said...

That's the sweetest letter ever...you've got a great hubby there! And I hope all the interviews go well and that he'll be back home in no time at all! :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP