Current Favorite - POPSICLES

28.5.09


Every evening before bed it has become routine to make some popsicles together. That way they are all frozen and ready for the next day.

Starting out, we had used apple and orange juice. But how un-creative is that?! So I tried to think of some delicious juices that have similar flavors to Mr.Freezes. What we tried......JONES pop. We got orange, blue raspberry, and cream soda flavors. It tasted EXACTLY like a freezie.

Since then I have found some great frozen yogurt recipes and even a jello popsicle recipe. Which is perfect because there are so many great jello flavors and a WHOLE lot more affordable than buying a Jones drink.


PLUS, you get to spend time together. Jacob loves helping in the kitchen so I went out and found a fun kids recipe book.



Here is the Jello Popsicle recipe:

6 oz package cool aid
85 gram package Jello
2 cups boiling water

2 cups cold water sugar to taste

Combine the first 3 ingredients together and stir to dissolve. Add cold water and sugar. Makes 16 popsicles.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooh, what a neat idea - we'll have to try this sometime! ;) My son loves those freezie pops! :)

Stacey said...

That's the same recipe my mom always used when we were kids :) The best popsicles ever!

Maureen said...

Yum! I'll have to try this with the kids! I've never made popsicles from anything but beverages and pudding.

Drea said...

phew girl lol thats A LOTTTAAA sugar haha
Sounds yummy tho :)
I use similar pop molds I got at the dollar tree.. work great. I just put 100% apple juice in them tho, kids love them.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP