Blogging - The Times Have Changed

11.5.09

I can't believe I missed it! But it is at least the same month and only 2 days late - so I will blog about it anyway.

My blogoversary.

On May 9, 2006 I started blogging. Can you believe it has been 3 years?!

To view my first post click here.

When I first started blogging I only ever thought of posting pictures. I had just moved from MB to NS so I thought it was a good way to keep Ryan's family aka my in-laws posted about our new baby. Of course I hadn't even heard of blogging when I first had Jacob but then one of my college dorm mates invited me to follow along her blog about her first pregnancy. It was contagious.

Over time, I blogged all the time about anything and everything. I spent wayyyy too much time blogging. I entered contest, found funky fun internet programs to blog about, did a million memes.

Back then, blogger was all in coding so I had to learn everything. Which has come in handy!

Instead of using the standard blogger template options, I started branching out and finding new template sites. Changing my blog quite frequently.

Now, blogging has turned into something I love. A hobby, an outlet, a place where I can get my creative juices flowing. I am a lot quicker now at making posts and rarely ever blog for more than a 1/2 hour/day. Usually when Jacob is at pre-school or napping. I can't see myself not blogging for a quite a while. Definitely not in the near future, especially with baby #2 on the way.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy blogoversary! And I agree...blogging has also become my hobby...my time to get away and do something I enjoy...I LOVE it! :)

Maureen said...

Happy Blogoversary!!! I can't wait to celebrate my first! I'm amazed that you have been blogging that long. I can't even imagine doing my whole blog in code, I'm not sure that I would have had it in me to do that. I know some code now, but I'm really thankful for having Wordpress for many of the features it offers.

~Billie~ said...

Happy Bloggerversary!! I was recently asked to do an interview and one of the questions is asks when I started blogging. I have no idea! I'm going to have to look it up. LOL!

heiresschild said...

hi Shanilie, HAPPY BLOGVERSARY!!! i'll be celebrating 4 yrs soon. CONGRATULATIONS on Baby #2. that's so exciting. love your new blog here; i've always said you are so gifted. will look around some more and look forward to continuing blogging together.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP