4 Year Birthday

22.4.09


Jacob loved his birthday. That morning, when he woke up I said I was 4 years old holding out 4 fingers and he said "no I 3". Later on I took him to pre-school where they sang happy birthday to him and when he came home he finally said he was 4 and he held up 4 fingers.

He saw a bowl of blue frosting on the counter and with the saddest voice said "where's my birthday" so I had to re-assure him he was having a party as soon as daddy got home from work. It was SO SAD and a little amusing hearing him ask where his birthday was.


He had some of his favorites: pizza, garlic fingers, cake, ice cream and taco salad. Loved all his presents and especially loved his cake. The effort was well worth it to see the look on his face.

As for the cake - it wasn't too difficult. I just had it finished and was putting on the oreo cookie wheels when I pushed the whole cake onto my lap and had to start over! Yea - it made a HUGE mess. So the second time around was a very ...... lumpy version of how it was. But it tasted good! lol

10 comments:

Lori said...

happy birthday! looks like he enjoyed his cake... and it's too funny that he didn't believe he was 4 until he went to school

Carrie said...

awww, it turned out so cute! That's too bad you knocked it over & had to start over :( But it was still cute- and of course Jacob is, too! :)

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Great cake...one that he will always remember.

Devoted Mama said...

Happy (belated) b-day Jacob! I hope you had a wonderful day :)

Shanilie, the cake looks wonderful~you did a great job! That's awful that the cake dropped & you had to start over but the finished one looks great! Looks like Jacob really enjoyed his day!

Andrea said...

The cake DOES look good...even though it had a little accident! :) Happy b-day Jacob!

~Billie~ said...

Oh no! LOL! That is too funny. At least you remade it. =)
Looks like he had a great Birthday!

Maureen said...

Wow, that cake looks great! If that is the less attractive version, I bet the first was awesome. You've inspired me to become more adventurous and try some fancier cakes.

Together We Save said...

That cake turned out great. Good job. I know he must have loved it.

Summer said...

HAPPY 4th Birthday Jacob!!!!

That story is so adorable!!!! That cake looks soo yummy!!!

~Billie~ said...

Hey Shanilie!
I have a tag for you over on my blog. =)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP