Easter Eggs

30.3.09

Easter is right around the corner, we decided to decorate some Easter eggs as a family. You can get egg decorating kits from between $1-$3. Very affordable and so worth it. I have been doing this ever since I was little but the kits have gotten quite a bit more advanced over the years.

With dye tablets you dissolve in water and vinegar. Making colors red, blue, orange, green and Yellow. And fun stickers to make imprints.

I was surprised at how well Jacob did with blowing the yolk out of the egg. He didn't break one, but I broke three lol. Thankfully we bought an extra dozen eggs. The directions say you can use pre-boiled eggs, but if you have ever had a boiled egg sitting out for any length of time it SMELLS BAD if it ever breaks. So we just use a nail to put a small hole in the top and bottom of the egg to blow out the yolk and it takes no time at all. We had so much fun, I am wanting to go out an buy another kit to make a full basket of colored eggs.







I just wanted to share a bit of an answered prayer. I hadn't even asked or mentioned anything in particular - other than that the up-coming move would go smoothly. Though I admit in the back of my mind I was quite worried about how I was going to handle a long drive and a new baby.

I couldn't sleep, so last night after midnight I got up and checked my email. I got an email from Ryan's mom saying that there was a family friend coming to NS with a trailer and said we can put our house contents in the back with his things as it was mainly empty. This means we don't have to worry about a U-haul, wondering if our car will make it, and not driving 5+ days!

We will sell our car and use the $ we save to get one when we get to MB! And the cost of a Tango flight for all four of us will be under $800! We would have spent WAY more than that on hotels, gas, food expenses etc. driving out. As much as I enjoy traveling I think I will save it for when I am not still in stitches lol.

What an unexpected blessing!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

those eggs came out great

glad things are working out for your move

~Billie~ said...

Good to hear everything is working out for you!
Your right on top of the Easter thing, aren't you. You've inspired me... I should go get some and do them with my kids this weekend. We do have a bowl on the table full of eggs - from last year.

Andrea said...

How fun! Tate and his little buddy are gonna decorate eggs together on Wednesday...I can't wait! And what a SUPER AWESOME blessing that is about your trip to MB!!! God is good!!!! :)

Maureen said...

I am so happy to hear you won't be in a car for 5 days with a newborn! What a blessing! I wish I read this last week. I always had been told to use a sewing pin to poke holes in eggs. Even the kit we used recommended that. Well, we end up breaking many eggs and getting headaches trying to blow the eggs that way because the hole is so small, the yoke gets in the hole and will not budge. I bet it works much better with a nail. Next year!

Ute said...

Hi Shanilie,

I send the making of the bag on my blog to your addy, did you receive it? I'm not quite sure!

I'm glad to hear, that things are going to fit for you.

All the best from Ute

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP