Birthday Parties

8.3.09


Where has my baby boy gone? He has been going through a growth spurt. He went from a size 3 to a size 5 in clothes in what felt like just overnight. By the time I started buying size fours he was already too tall in the pants. So I went to a size five. But his little waist is so tiny his pants often look like they are going to fall off so he wears a belt now.

I had my 6 month ob appointment
last week and everything went well. Blood pressure still good, lbs good, heart beat good. When the doctor was finding the heart beat he was really jabbing it into me then I had this huge kick directly on the tip of the monitor. We heard a loud sound. Guess the lil one was trying to say 'get out of my way'. While we were there I checked Jacob's height. He is 3'6 already. Crazy! I still think it is going to feel odd when my children get taller than me because I am only 5'4.

Later today I am taking Jacob to one of his friends birthday parties. WHAT'S HAPPENING?!!! This is like his third birthday party since Jan. that he has been invited to. He gets along with everyone from pre-school. He isn't eve
n 4 yet and he's going to birthday parties. So this year, Ryan and I decided we are going to do a b-day party for him and invite his pre-school friends @ the pre-school. We haven't ever done this before but I know Jacob will LOVE it and he will have children his own age to play games, win prizes and just hang out. Not only that, I don't have to do anything other than the cake and presants.

To have a birthday party through the pre-school you give a donation of your choice and they provide the extra hands, the facility, and any of their supplies. His birthday isn't till April 21. But it is coming around the corner and I LOVE planning and making lists and will keep you posted every step of the way. In the past it has always been family parties so this is VERY new to us.


Between the:

- swimming lessons he has taken the last two years

- Baseball he took last year
- pre-school the last 2 years
- parties
- church events
- and hockey we want to get him in for the fall

- I'v even been teaching him various things on the piano as I taught piano lessons to local children in the community for 2 years. He really enjoys it and will even on his own sit at the piano and try so hard. Not like the banging of the keys he used to do when he was little.
We have our hands full!!!

I can't imagine what it is going to be like when he is a teenager! I am so glad that he has these opportunities, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel like he is growing up too fast!!! He even wants to talk on the phone constantly lol. Every time I go to make a call he runs over wanting to talk.

3 comments:

Lori said...

isn't it hard to believe how old they get so fast!

~Billie~ said...

I'm not looking forward to the teenage years... I want to treasure the younger ages for as long as I can!

You've been tagged! Come check my blog for details. =)

Maureen said...

I'm 5' 10" and only my oldest son (17) is taller than me. Strangely, however, all of my kids, except the baby, have bigger feet than me! So I don't have to worry about my daughters stealing my clothes or shoes. Teens are fun though. I worried about it because I didn't particularly like teens even when I was a teen. Now that I have three teens, I love them. It's great to have real conversations with my kids, to have them know more than me sometimes, to see them branching out into their own people. Age 9-13 not so much though (it has been a hard time for both boys and girls in our house)...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP