Baby's Room & Nasty Weather

3.2.09

I was all set to go to my appointment today and the freezing rain and snow started falling. Shortly after I got a call from my ob's office that he wasn't coming in today. Soooo he said if I wanted, I could call and get the overview of the ultrasound results by phone - that I will do first thing tomorrow.

The roads weren't too bad early in the morning and Ryan had to go to the office in Halifax. While there we picked up another lil find I found on kiiji. Nothing too e
xtravagent but I really want a giraffe theme for our new lil one's room. When I saw the 9 piece bedding set hardly been used in the SAFARI theme I had to jump at the chance. It was a reallllly good deal and I LOVE it!

Lets just say Walmart and Zellers had similar 3 piece sets for $99.99 and this is a 9 piece set for wayyyyy les
s. I promise, I am not going to get anything else. But the deals are sooo good! Below is a picture that was attached to the kijiji add. I think it looks a little more boyish but, it also would pass for either a boy or a girl.

The room will be painted in a neutral nut,
cream color. And the whole theme was inspired by a poster I have had of a mommy giraffe kissing the baby giraffes head called - First Kiss. My sisters have already bought me various size plush giraffes. I know, it's a little out of the ordinary but that's me hehe.

The storm is supposed to last through tomorrow as well so I am hoping my hubby will be able to stay home if there are school cancellations. A little perk of being a teacher I guess.


Also, I received a Life Is Grand award from Melissa - Life With Two. I have to list 5 reasons why I think life is grand and pass it along to 5 other bloggers.

Life is grand because:

1. A new lil one on the way

2. Paid snow days when my hubby can stay home with us

3. A happy, healthy little boy whose smile melts my heart

4. A God who loves unconditionally

5. A hubby who is so much like me to enjoy a quiet walk, or a game in the evening



I pass this award along to:

1.Connie "Devoted Mamma"

2. Lori "Teacher Turned Mommy"

3. Summer "Sunny Kids"

4. Rene "When 2 Became 3 or 4"

5. Sara "Tales From Oakbriar Farm"

7 comments:

Lori said...

that bedding is too cute! thanks for the award!!

SarahHub said...

I love the bedding! And I hope you have a snow day tomorrow!

Thanks so much for the award!

connie said...

LOVE that bedding set~it's going to be SO cute :) Thanks so much for the award~I won't be able to get to it today (very busy day) but will try to get to it tomorrow/Fri. Have a great day :)

~Billie~ said...

WHat a beautiful set! It'll be great for either a boy or girl... so cute!

Corinne said...

The room will be adorable!!! Have fun decorating :)

Wendy said...

awww! I love when the nontraditional baby nursery themes! Giraffes are adorable:)

Stacey said...

The baby's room will be so cute :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP