Disturbing

5.2.09

I thought I would quickly post about something I heard today. I thought it was a disturbing experience and decided to share it as there has been a lot of talk about children and food around the blog sphere lately.

My cousin is taking an early childhood education class and part of her course is to do a placement at a licensed daycare. She lives near me and the one she is doing her placement in is a very long time run, large daycare. I have driven by it a million times. I guess the reason I find it so disturbing is because it is so close to home and - no, not the one Jacob goes to.

It was snack time at the daycare and a lil boy didn't want to eat his snack. The OWNER forces the food into the boys mouth, holds his mouth closed and moving his jaw up and down in an eating motion. During this time, the boy starts throwing up, he peed his pants, and then she kept putting food into his mouth until finally he got a bit down. When he finally did he was beaming saying "I did it!" and the owner yells at him that he should have done it the first time.

I hear disturbing things in movies, news, radio etc. but when I heard this, it was more disturbing to me than anything I have heard in a while.

This just happened, action will be taken. I will let you know what happens regarding this. Nurses can't do that to their elderly patients, teacher can't do that to their students, so why would a person think they could do that to a 3 yr old pre-school age child?

All I know is that if someone else hadn't said something I definitely would have because if something like that happened to Jacob .... oh my goodness..... it wouldn't be good. What do you think should be done in a situation like this?

9 comments:

Corinne said...

I don't even have words for this. So disturbing, hurtful, and just wrong.

Children need to be shown some respect, otherwise how will they learn? That's just one of many things this makes me think of...

My goodness. Please keep us posted.

SarahHub said...

She should certainly report this, and it should be investigated! I am scared to think what else goes on there...

Maureen said...

This just makes me sick! How could the woman do that? I can't wait to hear what happens to her.

Lori said...

PLEASE tell me that this got reported! if your friend is training to be a teacher than she should know that she is a mandated reporter of abuse (which is what that is) As well as any other teachers who were in the room with them at the time.

Wendy said...

UGH! So disgusting!! I saw some horid things happen in child cares I worked at. It was always reported and taken care of, but I am still in shock that anyone would treat a child that way. It is so scary and makes me feel like you can't trust anyone:( Please keep us updated!

Tina said...

That just makes me want to cry. That lady obviously doesn't have what it takes to work with children.

I once went to a playground close to our house that is by the daycare and all the daycare kids just happened to be playing outside during that time. Anyway I saw their teaching yelling at them and pulling them by their arms. After that I never desired to bring my kids to daycare.

Summer said...

I agree that the women should be charged and her license should be renvoked!!!! She shouldn't be allowed to work with children if she is going to treat them like that!!

Carrie said...

Oh, my goodness, what a horrible thing to do! This is definitely child abuse.

~Billie~ said...

That is horrible! If that was my son, I would be reporting it to every agency available and would be suing... making sure that lady never worked with young children again. Ridiculous!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP