~Ultra Sound Follow Up~

30.1.09

Phew, what a long day. Jacob was exceptionally well for having a cough and no nap today. We did our usual pay day groceries, went to the hospital, picked up my wrap and finished the day up at Boston Pizza mmmm.

So - about the ultrasound. It was VERY different this time around. With Jacob, the doctor came in and went over everything saying if everything was normal or not. This time around she basically took some pictures and said it was procedure for your family doctor to go over the results with you. So I won't find anything out till Feb. 3. Also, with Jacob we saw him on a full size tv screen. This time around it was on this tiny lil screen. But she took a ton of photos. Photos of the head, arms, kidneys, liver, heart, various blood vessels, spine, legs, and hips. It was absolutely wonderful. My favorite part was seeing it's little brain. It showed all the lil curves and the line splitting it in half indicating the two lobes. The other thing that I thought was sooo cute was seeing the little hands in front of his/her face. and nooo I didn't even ask lol. I didn't have a bit of urge to ask at all what the sex was.

Ryan said his favorite part was watching the heart pumping. He even was able to count the heart beats. It was a pretty spactacular site. Jacob was there the whole time very quiet and listening intently.

Afterwards I asked about getting a picture taken and she said the only option available was to get a CD will all the photos she took put on it. Which sounds great at first doesn't it???? Well, it is $50! lol I can't afford that, but we really want a picture. So we will see what we can do and they said the file will be open for the rest of the pregnancy if we were to go back. We will eventually, though perhaps once we get our income tax return. Regardless, we have decided to get it. Once I get it I hopefully can post them as a slideshow on my blog :D

OH! And another thing, they measured the head and the hips and I guess that gives a good indication of how far along you are. She said it was the size of a 21 week old. Soooo, I guess I was off by about a week or two when I thought my last period was. So she said my due date is actually closer to the 14th rather than the 23rd. Not that it makes a big difference, especially if I go a few days early or a few days late. Its just really neat knowing I am now a tad past the half way point.

We got home late and Jacob was very excited to crawl into bed. He woke up this morning at 5am, but he usually gets up between 7+8am, and I said "Jacob, come sleep in mommy and daddy's bed" he said "no, I like my bed" lol. As much as I wish, he just hardly ever does that.

Thank you all who kept us in their thoughts and prayers. It was a very special day and it went quite well. I will keep you posted as to what my ob says with the results.

5 comments:

Lori said...

glad you got to see your little one!

Wendy said...

I am so glad that it went well! I really can't believe that you can't have just one tiny little picture. Is that a Canadian thing or just that specific place?

Tina said...

Seeing your baby for the first time is always so exciting. Getting a picture of the ultrasound is always cool too. Although where we live we only got a picture for the third child. It would have been nice to have one of the first two, but now it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Stacey said...

The picture thing is definitely NOT a Canadian thing :) Where I live, you can pay $15 for 2 pictures I think, but in Winnipeg, at Women's Hospital, you can get pictures for free, even 3D ones.

They have the same policy here as far as waiting to talk to your doctor, but they always have the results the same day or the next day so you can give them a call if you are curious.

I'm so glad it went well for you, and that you got to see your little one! Everything must be fine if they showed you everything like that.

SarahHub said...

Oh, how fun to see your little baby! I can't believe you weren't even tempted to ask the sex - you are much more patient than I am!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP