Baby Carriers

28.1.09

I have been doing my baby carrier research. I find it difficult to choose just one, so I have narrowed my list down to three. In no particular order I figured it would be good to have a sleepywrap, ring sling and a mei tai. So....they are added to my wish list for family wondering what to get me hehe. Or at least have $ gifts to put towards one. That being said, I would have to wait till after my baby shower in spring before purchasing anything.

I have had 2 generous offers from Andrea at The Laughs Will Go On and Sta
cy at Fun With The Friesens to make a ring sling, and for pretty much half the cost as commercial price which from my research ranges anywhere from $89-$110 dollars. That is not including taxes and shipping costs. If any of my blog readers are interested in purchasing a ring sling go ahead and message them! Thanks so much you two!!

But I have some exciting news to share!! I was on kijiji.ca and found a like new moby carrier. They were asking $30 for it, and they brought down their asking pric
e to $10!!!! So we have arranged pick up for me when I drive into Halifax to get it!! And I will be in Halifax tomorrow at the Grace for my ultrasound so I don't even have to make the extra trip. Isn't that amazing?!!!!

Here is a picture of a Moby carrier. They were the first sling to ever really catch my eye almost 2-3 years ago. I just love the look of it. The one in the photo is in a chocolate color, but the one I am getting is in a navy color.


Here are a few of the companies that caught my eye:
Sleepywrap
Attached To Baby

I have to say though too that an ergo baby carrier would be something I would definitely be interested in as well lol. I know.....lol there are too many to choose from.....andddd....I really would love to attempt to make one just for fun. Does anyone know what a good material works best for a wrap and/or any good patterns?

I was going to post this tomorrow, but decided to now as I have to leave early tomorrow for the ultra sound, and I'm off to put Jacob to bed. Then myself. Still catching up from my night of no sleep. Woosh...that sure does a person in. I would appreciate everyone's prayers that everything will look aok tomorrow.

6 comments:

Pierrette said...

I quickly found out that one can not have too many carriers, they all work for different situation and also it is nice to have a back up when you have a leek or explosion from the diaper.

We have a Moby wrap and loved it up until our little guy weight in at about 22lbs when he started stretching it out too much; we want to gt a rigid wrap in the summer.

I have a mei tai as well the only thing I would have done differently is purchase a toddler on as I barely used it until Christophe was over 6 months and now he is getting too tall for it (at 11 months)so this summer we are looking for a new one also.

I have 2 wraps a heart 2 heart and a rolz and sassy I love both of them and always have one tucked away in the bottom of the stroller as a back up.

I must of worn Christophe for 80% of the day until he was 3 months old and then it trickled down in time slowly I now wear him on average 1 to 2 hours per day. He often naps in the mei tai.

My husband favorite carrier to this day is the wrap. Me the sling.

connie said...

Glad that you've narrowed down your choices, somewhat, lol ;)

I hope that everything goes well for the ultrasound & I'm sure it will. Can't wait to hear all about it. You'll be in my prayers :)

Candice said...

All my friends use the Ergo Baby, and we are thinking of getting one, too.

I currently have one similar to the Moby, and I still find it a little awkward to put on. It doesn't help that my kid is so huge, though.

connie said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today & I/we certainly appreciate your prayers & your thinking of us. I hope that this post didn't/doesn't put a damper on your day today~today is your happy day & I can't wait to hear all about it Thank you again.

I posted this comment on on my blog in response to your comment but also wanted to post it here in case you didn't see it on my blog :)

Corinne said...

I have to tell you (I hope I'm not late!!) That the Sleepy Wrap was/is worth every penny! I bought one to use with my daughter (didn't have one w/ my son, but figured it'd be necessary with two little ones) and it's the best thing we invested in. I still use it almost daily - I love love love it. Sometimes it's the only way I can get Paige to sleep, even now at almost 6 months old!

:)

Stacey said...

Shanilie... I have a brand new Ergo that hasn't gotten much use here (yet). If you ever want to borrow it, let me know!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP