Thomas

16.12.08



Alright, I have to admit that when it comes to Thomas things I go a little overboard. I think most children have their very noticeable likes. For some its Dora or Diego, for some it's Spiderman, trucks, cars, you name it. But for Jacob, once he saw his very first Thomas movie from his Grammie G - that solidified it.

For his first Christmas my parents got him a Thomas bed and toybox and Ryan and I got him the table and chairs. We didn't have a dresser so we took a Thomas pillowcase to the paint store to match up blues and painted an old white one that we had. Now it has the darker blue for the frame, the lighter blue for the drawers and back to the darker blue for the handles. Believe it or not it was cheaper to paint than it was to buy a new dresser.

Anyway, I am getting off track. Most of my blog viewers know this about Jacob. But on Oct. 18 2008 Jacob got to go see Thomas On Stage! It was a little bit more than I had wanted to spend, but compared to a group of people going to the movies it wasn't a whole lot more. Oh well lol. Ryan was determined to go and knew that an opportunity like this doesn't come every day.

I noticed it in the newspaper just the day before. So we dressed Jacob up in his "Thomas Clothes" which he has gotten from various people as well as his conductor hat from his aunt Cathy.

It was WONDERFUL! I knew at any other age Jacob might not be as enthralled as he would at this age. We bought our popcorn, stickers, straws and a light wand as souvenirs. The whole Halifax Metro Centre was lit up with children waving their light wands.

They had Thomas and Percy driving in tunnles on stage and a great cast of singers. They sang some new songs as well as some more familiar ones. The trains even had real people driving them. I don't know how they did it, but even their eyes would move and their lips would move as they were talking.
.
It was a wonderful family experience and I think I was just as amazed watching it as Jacob was. I don't know if we were allowed to take pics. in the Metro Center but we did get a few, and there were cameras flashing all around. Our seats were wayyyyy up, but I found dispite the distance the angle was perfect, as it was right in front of us rather than sitting on the sides of the centre. Believe me, this picture was zoomed in a LOT and cropped. The Metro Centre had black curtians around all the walls, so even Harold by certian lighting effects looked like he was flying around.
.

With being away for the last little while and with the constant flow of new visitors I have decided for the next little while to add my blog map to the end of each post. Just to give readers more options and reminders to add yourself to my blog map! I know it takes a few minutes, but I would LOVE it if you could.

And if you have already, I'd love to see your picture added. I know I know - I'm asking for a lot lol. When it isn't added to the end of the posts and you haven't added yourself, if you scroll down to the very bottom of my blog - my blog map is there permamently.

Also, you don't have to be a blogger to add yourself. It is open to ALL :)) Comments are nice to get too hehe. Thank you so much!

Add Yourself To My Blog Map :)

6 comments:

Lori said...

that looks like it would be a cool thing for a child to do. We bought tickets to take Blake to see Playhouse Disney Live... hope he enjoys it as much as Jacob enjoyed Thomas

Stacey said...

I added myself to your map ;) Maybe I'll have to add that map widget to my blog too. It would be fun to see where my readers are.

Ryan said...

That was certainly a very memorable and fun afternoon. Jacob was on cloud nine, and it was just a really good time. I look forward to doing more things like this with my family.

Melissa said...

Sounds like Thomas put on a really good show! My little girl is very into Dora right now. Glad you guys had fun!

Dianna said...

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas! Another year is passing with good blogging friends who played a special part in our lives! Thank you

heiresschild said...

i used to love those times at programs when my children were younger.

i love this map. i tried to post my pic, but i don't think it posted.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP