Santa's House

2.12.07

Yesterday I was able to finish my Christmas shopping. We went to the MicMac mall and I went in with my large list in hand and the girls. Shopping with the girls is always the best. My aunts, my grandmother, my cousin, me and Jacob....he wasn't a girl but he was so fun to have around. He loves going shopping. After a long day and a beautiful dinner we were getting ready to leave till be noticed Santa's Playland. I didn't think that Santa was there so we were just going to let Jacob play. But, then there he was! I couldn't believe that Santa was here already. Jacob was THRILLED! He played a little shy and burried his head in my legs, but when it was his turn he ran right over to Santa and kept saying "Santa - House" He thought we were visiting Santa's house. Too funny. He brings such a smile to my face.
~
I haven't even 'taught' Jacob about Santa, but he is on tv, outside on peoples yard, in the malls, pictures, talked about on the radio etc. So I think Jacob associates Santa with all the pretty Christmas lights outside and all the toys. I love seeing his excitement. Even without teaching him, he know
s that Santa is very special. Afterwards Santa gave him colors and a coloring book. I will continue to tell Jacob about Jesus and that it is his birthday, but I definitely don't want to stifle his excitement over the holidays. You're only young once, so he will definitely have a few gifts under the tree from Santa.

8 comments:

HeiressChild said...

hi shanilie, beautiful picture of jacob with santa. how fun to go shopping with your family! you really have the christmas spirit going on over here and in your life. i'm slowly getting there. i love your blog every time i visit here.

Devoted Mama said...

I'm SO envious of you~we only have 1 gift each for our boys! I'm glad you had fun shopping w/your family & glad that Jacob got to see Santa! It's so fun seeing the excitement of the season thru our children's eyes, isn't it? That's a great pic of Jacob w/Santa!! We do the same w/our boys that you do w/Jacob~we explain to them about Jesus & it being his b-day but we also tell them of the "magic" of Santa & have gifts under the tree from Santa :)

Michelle said...

Shanilie,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I love how festive your site is! It makes me smile.

We haven't talked much about Santa either yet Payton still announced a couple weeks ago that she was asking Santa for a Doll house for Christmas. I was stunned, who told her you could ask for things lol ?!?

I am jealous that you are done your Christmas shopping! I need one more childless day and I should be able to finish. Payton loves shopping but man it's hard to get anything done!

That's a great pic with Santa, Jacob is so cute! I've enjoyed browsing your page! I'll be back.

Michelle

Andrea said...

How cute!! I LOVE that picture of Jacob with Santa! :) We haven't taken Tate to see Santa yet...he might be a little scared...not sure! :)

Devoted Mama said...

Hi Shanilie! Where are you?!? I hope everything's ok!

HeiressChild said...

hi Shanilie, i want to wish you and your family a safe and blessed holiday season. HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

summer said...

Merry Christmas Shanilie!!!!

heiresschild said...

hi Shanilie, my link info has changed, so when you click on my name, it'll take you to my blog and you can get the new link info there. the present link you have for me is obsolete.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP