Your Questions Have Been Answered & Meme

26.11.07

I thought this meme was fitting to start this post. It can go along with answering the questions because now you'll learn just a little bit more about me.

Write five things you want to be when you grow up. Big dreams that seem like folly, but in your heart of hearts are very real and dear to you. Things maybe you have forgotten in the ebb and flow and toil of the everyday but that never really leave your soul. What would you do if anything were possible?

1) I'd like to go back to school and start my education towards a completely different career. I don't know what yet.....just something that people would look at and say "wow, you do what?!" But I love being a mom and what I am currently doing....so, I'll take that back....I love my current occupation ;)

2) I want to write a book. A children's book. I have been working on one for years but don't think it will ever be finished.

3) My dream is to make it big on American Idol and have Simon say "I have the best voice he's ever heard" lol - I love to sing, but could never bring myself to get in front of a ton of people.

4) I want to travel to Europe and stay there for months hiking around the various nearby places. Ireland, Scotland, England, Germany, France, Italy, Grease etc...... but that would take a LONG time lol. Maybe for a full summer. I will continue to save....and dream.

5) My dream "when I grow up", is to be thin again, everyone at Weight Watchers says it doesn't have to be a dream but I feel like I am a lost cause.

To play along:
1) (Optional )Link to the blogger that tagged you and tag others
2) Answer the questions in a post on your blog

_____________________________________


(1.) Do you want more children? if so, how many more? if so, would you like to have multiples (twins, triplets, etc.)?

I always wanted to have a big family, but being the oldest cousin out of 26+ grandkids I am all tired out! I looked after most of them - including my 2 younger sisters who are ten years younger than me. Then I wanted none....but God had other plans when we conceived for Jacob. I just finished the needle after being on it for years, then started the pill and still got pregnant. I still don't know how that happened! But jokingly said that if I was to ever get pregnant it would be a surprise and that way I would know it was God's timing. But, now that I have one, I want more! Twins, triplets, one more....would love either!

(2.) Did you have a lot of boyfriends growing up?

I wouldn't say a whole lot. A few. I always say I wish that I had of met Ryan back in high school. Spend as much of our lives as we can together. But I am thankful for my past relationships, they were good people and I learned so much. But they just weren't the one God had in mind for me! I still think it is romantic when I hear of people marrying the one they dated since middle school, and never dated anyone before or since...but that wasn't me....or most people for that matter.

(3.) What do you do in your spare time? and what is your favorite foods to eat?

My spare time is usually spent with my family and friends. There usually is no spare time with Jacob, and the two exchange students and piano lessons. I also enjoy crafts of any sort. I have several projects started - knitting dish cloths, crocheting scarves, cross-stitching Christmas Tree ornaments, Scrapbooking, card making. Too many to list. My favorite food is donairs!

(4.) What is your most favorite aspect of Motherhood? :)

Oh my, there are just too many to list. Being a mom is the greatest experience in the whole world. I never knew the extent of a love for a child till I had my own. I love his smiles and his laughs, and my most favorite times are his hugs. I could cuddle him all day! He isn't much of a cuddler though. He has too many fun things to do lol. But when he is tired, right before bed he just hugs me tight and pats my back with his little hand and his head leaning on my shoulder. Such a wonderful thing!

7 comments:

HeiressChild said...

hi shanilie,

i came to your blog to send you an email, but since you have up a new post, i'll comment before i send the email. lol

love your answers. i had never thought about going to cosmetology or culinary school, but i've completed both. now i'm finishing up my degree in bus admin and i'll put all of these together for a business. so even though you don't know the new career path you'd take right now, i believe when the time comes, you'll know, and it'll fall right into place.

if i lived near you, i'd take piano lessons. i just said last week, i'm going to buy a keyboard next month and begin to teach myself the piano until i find someone to teach me. i played the violin for years, so i'm familiar w/music notes.

loved all of your answers; thanx for letting us know you a little more.

Ute said...

Hi Shanilie,
I love this post, so many dreams, so many things you love to do. There is a room and a bed and friends for you over here in Germany, if you are ever planning to come over to Europe. You are so young, you can achieve and do whatever you wish. By the way, twins are really are great thing, I can tell!!! ;-))

Summer said...

I agree!!! You have plenty of time in your life to do whatever you want to do!!

Thanks for answering my question!! Loved all your answers!

Wendy said...

I would love to have you give Wesley some lessons!! He has the longest "piano fingers"!! LOL!!

John said...

Hey Shanilie,

Nice blog, and what cute kids! Someday you will be VERY happy you were at home with them; I am sure.

Do I know your husband, Ryan? I have forgotten a lot of people, alas. Please say hello for me.

Cheers,
JM<><

connie said...

What great answers to the questions that we asked you :) The meme was good too! Great post!!

VICTORIA said...

I tagged you for a little meme, humor me, usually no one does.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP