I Was Interviewed

22.10.07

One of my good blogger friends, Sylvia from Heiress Child did a post a while back answering questions that someone chose for her "her interview". It was really fun and interesting. Afterwards she offered to interview others so I accepted. Have a look at her blog, I am sure she would enjoy hearing from you. Here are the questions that she asked me.

1.) What is the best place you've ever traveled to, and why?


Wow, this is a difficult question to answer. I have been to a lot of places and I really enjoy traveling. It is almost as difficult as picking out a favorite type of cheese or favorite flower lol there are just so many good things about them all.

If I had to choose one, I would say British Columbia...more specifically, Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island. My mom says that I was born in Vancouver Island and we moved when I was just a baby. So I don't really remember being there exactly at that time. But when I was 13 we went there and all I remember is good things. Seeing the beauty in all of the mountains was breath taking. We also went to Butchart Gardens which was an incredible place. If you want find awe in creation, that is the place to go. And then in the evening you can just spend hours watching the water fountains with the color arrangements.
2.) As a fairly new mother, tell what motherhood has meant and been to you.

Lets just say that when someone tells you they love you or when you hear someone talk about a mothers love ak a- (the inspiration for my blog title).....well until you have a child, I don't think a person, at least me anyway could ever completely understan
d how much love there really is. I never understood it, I thought I did. I don't know if a person can actually be afraid of love, but I can tell you that when Jacob was born there was such a flood of emotions that I thought I wouldn't be able to keep it all in. I cried for quite a while, not out of sadness, but out of complete shock, awe, surprise, and most of all completely stunned that it was possible to love someone that much. Jacob is the light of my life and I can't imagine not having this amazing blessing in my life. Motherhood is without a shadow of a doubt the best thing in the world. Yes, there are difficult moments from time to time, but most of all it is worth every minute of it. If it wasn't for motherhood then I wouldn't have the amazing family I have right now. A sweet, kind, gentle, smart cuddly boy and an amazing father and that boy is so much like his daddy it isn't funny. Praise the Lord! Everything in the world could be falling apart around me but in the end I have a husband and son who love me to death ..... a family, a gift.
3) How do you find the balance between being a wife, mother, doing housework/shopping, blogging & scrapbooking, which I know you like, and whatever else you do? what do you do to relax?

Well, it can be difficult and I can admit that some days certain tasks take more of m
y focus than others, but mostly I spend as much time possible with my son, do housework because I feel productive and a sense of accomplishment having a clean house, and rarely get the chance to scrapbook, and blogging is a fun way to relax and spend some time being encouraged by other moms. Each day is different and definitely not perfect by any means but balance is something that I strive for in every part of life.
4) According to your profile, you used to teach middle school. do you miss it, and if so, what do you miss most about it? will you return to teaching?

That year of teaching was really the best year a teacher could ever have. The students were great and the teachers were so helpful with me and my morning sickness, and wadd
ling around school when I found out I was pregnant up until was 9 months pregnant lol. Some days I do miss it, but I can't believe I would ever say this, but I love being a SAHM! I teach....just not in the classroom stetting anymore. I can tutor from the home and most importantly I get to teach my boy every single day. I don't know if I will ever take a full-time position again, because I am just too busy with Jacob, my exchange students, the home, tutoring, my new business venture through Primerica and a few beginner piano students as well. I have the heart of a teacher.....even though not in the traditional classroom setting. Ever since I was 3 I can remember teaching to my stuffed animals and wanting a chalk board so I could write on the board lol!

5) For a little fun - using each letter of your middle name, what word describes you and why? if you have no middle name, then apply this to your first name.

This was actually the most difficult question to do. I usually don't like to talk about myself too much so to find a words to describe me was VERY hard lol.

GRACE

G- Gracious - I love to serve people, have people visit, cook for them and entertain.
R- Realistic - I try to see things in general in a realistic setting rather than buttering things up.
A- Amusing - I love to laugh, be silly, make others laugh, and overall I am easily amused
C- Caring - I have a heart for people and my heart aches for others, even those I haven't met. I found this definition of caring here:

verb, intr cared, caring
    1. To mind or be upset by something, or the possibility of something.
    2. To concern oneself about them or be interested in them.
      Thesaurus: cherish, love, hold dear, feel for, sympathize with.
      Form: care about someone or something (usually)
      Form: care for someone or something
    3. To wish or be willing
      Example: Would you care to come?
      Thesaurus: desire, wish, like, prefer, want, be willing.
E- Efficient - I love keeping busy, and anyone who know me knows that I don't like to sit and do nothing for long periods of time. Even Ryan will come and say "sit down and relax" I love making lists and organizing things. I like to walk quickly and get a million things done all at once. I really get annoyed by really slow people even when there is no reason to be fast I just don't have that laid back personality lol.

If anyone of my blog viewers would like to be interviewed just leave a comment or email me by clicking on the contact me link at the top of my blog page. I will then proceed to go ahead and think up five questions to ask you. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 comments:

HeiressChild said...

WOW Shanilie! i am always so awed by you, by your blog, by the things you share. thank you for taking time out of your schedule to answer these questions. very thoughtful answers. i love that you added pictures too. i especially love the one of you and jacob looking at each other. even though he's a baby, he's looking at you with sooooo much love. very precious and a definite kodak moment. thanks shanilie for participating. i enjoyed all of your answers.

Shanilie said...

Thank you so much Sylvia for your kind words. I try to communicate my thoughts and feelings the best that I can into words. Thanks for interviewing me and for the great questions. I had a lot of fun.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP