*QUIZ* & The North Nova Scotia Highlanders

1.6.07

Take my quiz! You know you want to!
Shanilie's Quiz



Shan's quiz!


Take This Quiz See Scores Make Own Quiz

Just a quick post as I am on my way out. My amazing, wonderful hubby, Ryan is now officially an officer in the military. He is now a member of The North Nova Scotia Highlanders. Last night at approximately 9:00PM Ryan was sworn into the Military. I think I was more nervous than he was – actually, I don’t think that he was nervous at all. He is very happy, and anticipating what he will go through this summer. They were all friendly and pleased. They saw Ryan’s beard first thing and told him it would have to be gone next time he came in, as well as a brush cut. I think he will look pretty handsome in his uniform and other gear that was issued out to him; all cleanly shaved and very short hair. They gave him a TON of gear. The trunk and back seat of the car was literally crammed full of gear. I will take pictures of him in his uniform soon. He will also get a kilt to wear later on this summer. Now that will be spiffy!

I don’t think I have ever prayed so hard in my entire life than I did last night. My biggest concern is Ryan’s happiness. This will be such a WONDERFUL experience for him. Yes, it will be difficult, but in the end he will have gained so much experience, make friendships, gain more confidence in himself and so much more. Having support from my family has meant the world to him.

I am trying not to freak out. I know I have been sounding a little un-bothered by the prospects of him leaving for a while this summer, but I have to admit that I am dieing on the inside. Ryan is the most loving man in the whole world, and an amazing father. Our marriage has gotten stronger and stronger through the past (almost 4 yrs) of being married. There are times that I think “I wish everyone could experience the love that we share”. Not everyone is so lucky, but that is another story. Ryan and I have never spent a night apart from each other for more than a night here and there when I was working the night shift. I am trying not to let it bother me, but I know as July approaches I am going to be miserable. But, I don’t want to be a basket case for Ryan when he leaves. It is important for the both of us to be supportive for each other, but I don’t want him to have to worry about me the whole time. I hope that makes sense. So, yea, I just thought I would let everyone know that this is going to be extremely difficult. *sniff sniff* :( My dad has been away recently too. He is gone for a total of 9 months, but he gets to come home for a week this month and a bit over Christmas. So Mom jokingly told me “at least it’s only a month” but that didn’t help at all. Though I get what she is saying, I would NOT get through 9 months. More pictures and updates soon.

15 comments:

Rebekah said...

I think you are sounding quite brave with the prospect of a new home and some time away from the hubby that you adore! I'm proud of you- keep that chin up! I hope the move goes well for you- I'm so excited that you are going to have your own house!! enjoy your week. ps- you have to show me how you get such cute borders and stuff around your pics- I love the way you do your page!

Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" said...

Wow...Congratulations to Ryan.

What a great thing for him.

I wish him all the best.

Dianna said...

Oh my will definately keep you in my prayers. A month is a looonng time to be apart from your hubby you'll have to keep blogging to pass the time :] thanx for being a friend!

Mimi Lenox said...

An invitation from Mimi…….To: Saturday Photo Hunters
Many bloggers will be flying Peace Globes in the blogosphere on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. It is BlogBlast for Peace day - the second annual event. Please consider using your blog voice and creative influence on this day to participate. The theme for June 2 is ART - perfect for creativity with a peace globe perhaps? You can find more information about the movement at Mimi Writes or BlogBlast for Peace. I wanted to make you aware of the event. I really enjoy looking at your photographs on Saturdays.
http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com or http://mimilenox.blogspot.com
Thanks and peace!
Mimi

Wendy said...

I took the test! Got 50%! I was doing soooo good in the beginning then you got all tricky:) That was fun! Thanks!!

I am so thrilled for Ryan, but my heart totally aches for you! I die with out Michael for one night forget a month! We will all be here for you!! I promise to blog about really cool stuff to keep you occupied! LOL!!!

Margo said...

Fun quiz!! :-)

laura said...

Hey :-)

Nice quiz!

I can imagine how hard it will be for you when Ryan leaves, but I'm sure the time will fly by and he'll be back before you know it!!

Luv ya

HeiressChild said...

i love your slideshow of pictures right at the top of your blog when i log on. jacob is such a beautiful baby. ok, now i have to go back and read your post.

HeiressChild said...

fun quiz shanilie. at first, i was answering them for me, then i figured out it was about you. i didn't do too bad, considering i only know you from the blog, but that definitely helped with some answers.

connie said...

Congratulations to Ryan~that is awesome! I'm sure it'll be tough to be away from each other for that long but w/the reno's you'll be doing to the new home & spending time w/Jacob & other family, it'll go by quickly. I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers :) I took your quiz before I commented & got 10 out of 20~not too bad to just be friends thru blogland :))))

Summer said...

I took your quiz and only got 9%. I did that quiz too, it's on my blog. It was fun! Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Andrea said...

Congrats to Ryan...and you too! How exciting...although I definitely understand what you are feeling when you say it will be hard to have him gone for 1 month! I think I would DIE (well, almost!) if Jonathan had to be gone that long...it was bad enough when he was gone for only 4 days last week for a youth trip! So yeah, I will definitely be thinking and praying for you guys!!

Cool quiz by the way! I didn't get too great on it though! I was kinda guessing. :) :) It was fun though!

Ingrid said...

oh my!!! congratulations to you and your honey!!! i just hope he wouldn't be deployed somewhere even remotely close to Iraq. you are one lucky woman, though, for having that kind of relationship with your husband, that some people can only wish for. keep the fire burning!!!

Stacey said...

Apparantly I did really well on your quiz! I tried to think of how your personality comes across on your blog, and then some of the answers just came! Lot's of fun.

Ellie said...

I didn't do so hot on the quiz. I only had about half correct.

The separation you and Ryan will be going through will only make your marriage stronger. But it will hurt anyway, even knowing that, huh? You have a big summer ahead of you and I know you will enter into each challenge with gusto and gumption and come out on the other side a better person...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP