Day At The Beach

10.6.07

Update to post:

My computer has been acting REALLY slow lately. Ryan is going to re-format the computer this weekend so hopefully that will help. Dial up isn’t fast, but it at least runs. Mine won’t even upload one picture on my blog and I can’t get into anyone’s. I can’t wait to have high speed come the end of the month when we move. We’re moving up in the world :)

Jacob had his first day of pre-school today. It went great! I wanted to do it earlier but I just assumed that one of the requirements for registration was that the child had to be potty trained (which Jacob isn’t at this point yet.) but then found out the only requirement was that they had to be age 18months or older. Very exciting. I am glad Jacob has socialization with other children his age to learn from them and to learn how to share. It is 24$ for the month for a half day once a week. That’s fine by me :) He had a wonderful time and everyone fell in love with him. He is such a happy and content boy who loves everyone he meets. I hope he doesn’t have his heart broken or doesn’t get hurt too much growing up because there are so many fake and hurtful people in the world. I don’t want my boy to get hurt. Thankfully children see most adults as their friends. I guess that is part of growing up, realizing that we are all capable of hurting others even unintentionally.

He made a Father’s Day card for Ryan for this weekend. I think I am going to hide it for Jacob to give it to him on Sunday. He also made a craft. There were tons of toys/books and about 10-12 children. They have an annual Christmas concert every year and the children who are going into kindergarten in the fall do a little concert. Jacob was standing on the stage with them practicing all the sounds, singing, and actions that they were doing. The lady who was organizing it asked me if I wanted Jacob in the concert because he was doing well, so I said sure. But Jacob is the type of person who will do it one day and then not the next. So who knows if he will stand on stage on the 24th of this month. Lets hope. That would be so cute seeing Jacob on stage with a bunch of kindergarteners. Jacob is so smart. I am sure he will be ahead of most in his class once school starts. Too bad I can’t get him to start school at age 4. There is a restriction in Canada that children have to be 5 or turning 5 by October of the school year. Jacob was born in April so he will be 5 going on 6 before he can start school. When I was little there was no restrictions so mom put me in kindergarten when I was 4 years old. Though I have to say that I am glad to have started university at age 17.

I also have some great news! I got my first email from one of the exchange students that we are getting! She is very excited to stay with us and wants to know more about the community and to see more photos. It is great that we can correspond by email and get to know each other a little before they arrive in the end of August. So after this I will be emailing a welcoming letter to each of them. I can’t wait to meet them.

This weekend has been so warm! It has been mostly in the +25-+30C range. We walked to the beach and sun bathed while Jacob played in the sand. He loved making sand castles and filling up his bucket with sand. He went in to about his knees and sat in it which I thought was a GREAT first step. I don't want him to be afraid of the water. Ryan went to his underarms and I went under. :)) The water was REALLY cold but because there was no wind and the sun was beaming it made all the difference. So I stayed in the water most of the time. Salt water is so therapeutic.

Playing in the water as a family.

Picture that my Mom took of all of us together. It is so hard to get a picture with the whole family. It has been a busy and eventful weekend so I hope to view everyone's blogs' soon. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Summer said...

Looks like a great time. That is so cool that Jacob isn't afraid of the water. We have had rain and wind all weekend and it has finally cleared up.

connie said...

Glad you all were able to get out & enjoy some time @ the beach~it sounds like you guys had a blast! That's great that Jacob wasn't afraid of the water :) LOVE all the pics~they're great~the family one is my favorite though :)

Ellie said...

We had a beautiful weekend here, too bad we don't live near an ocean to enjoy it like you can. Nice photos...too.

I noticed your comment about not commenting as much...it is really hard in the summertime, isn't it?

Ryan looks like he was made to be in one of those uniforms!

Blessings,

Ellie

Stacey said...

You guys make a beautiful family!! Love the pictures.

laura said...

I just love the family pic of you guys!! It's awesome!!
Oh man, I can only resay, that I'd love to live throug my exchange time again. It was so great with all of you :-)
Say hello to the rest for me. Love you all xoxo

Wendy said...

That is such a beautiful family picture of you all:) Us northerners can handle the cold ocean! LOL!! Glad that you are having some warm weather and were able to get out together!!!

Dianna said...

I'm jealous that you get to enjoy so much of beautiful waters. Wish we would have it out here in Mb so much. Lovely family picture by the way!

HeiressChild said...

beautiful family picture shanilie. i'm glad jacob enjoyed his time at school. it's a good way to ease him into it.

Shanilie said...

Summer: Glad the rain cleared up. It must have headed this way because it has been pouring rain the last 2 days :(

Connie: Glad you like the fam. picture. We don't get those taken near enough. You're so sweet. I don't like pictures of me but I guess we have to have some.

Ellie: Ryan does look pretty spiffy in the uniform lol. I love living next to the ocean. When I lived out west I missed it the most. Yes, there is just no time in a day to comment and blog when it is so nice outside.

Stacey: Thank you :)

Laura: I know what you mean. We would love to have you! I will say hi to all. I hope we have a great experience. You just fit right in :)

Wendy: lol you're right there. Thank you for the compliment on the family picture. I am more critical of things but I guess it is okay for an outside party lol :)Love summer/spring!

Dianna: Thank you Dianna. Yes, I always missed the ocean when I was living in MB. My husband is from out there and is in love with the fields. It is great that everyone finds their own likes of beauty in God's creation.

Sylvia: Thank you :) I am glad it went well too. I thought for maybe a second he would be clingy but he has never been that like that in the past. I have heard stories though.

Ute said...

Hi,
congratulation to Jacob for his first preschool day. And great that everything went well.
I love the picture of the beach, I'm really envious. We live soooo far away from the sea, I would love to be there again.

Rebekah said...

love the family picture! its so hard to get another person to take a pic of the whole family it seems!! good job, you guys look great, and I LOVE the pics on your blog- you've got a talent for photography!!

That Chick Over There said...

I love the picture of the three of you!!! So cute!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP