September 9th & Imitation

10.5.07

I was recently visiting my aunt Sandy this week. She just bought herself a computer for the first time in 30 years. She was having trouble setting it all up so Ryan and I went in to help her with everything….though, I think Ryan was more of a help than I was lol. I am hoping to show her some of the in’s and out’s of blogging and other online activities. Her daughter Molly is a little older than Jacob and they LOVE playing together. She is a little more feisty than Jacob and you have to keep your eye on it but other than that they are great friends and cousins. He is constantly learning new things from her. If she will do something, he will try to do it. It is amazing how much children learn through imitation. It is GREAT when children can hang out with other children to help with socialization, how to share and ultimately learn good….and sometimes bad behavior from each other. I really want to get Jacob into pre-school this year, even if it is only one morning a week. He would absolutely love it and I am sure he would learn so much.

Another thing about imitation that I have been learning is that children watch their parents VERY closely. Jacob, whenever he coughs, burps, or farts he says mo-me (excuse me). Ryan and I have never even taught him that word, let alone told him to say that after he burps etc. Ryan and I try to be extra careful what we do around him because he does soak up everything we do. I do like to have good manners in my house so I think Jacob has heard us say it enough times to each other when we burp etc. I couldn’t believe it…my jaw was too the floor.

I brought over my camera to take a few pictures…..and guess what?! I left my camera over there. :( I was wanting to take pictures all week and didn’t have my camera with me *sniff sniff* there were so many good ones too that I am disappointed I missed out on them.

Nothing really new going on here. Ryan worked last night so it was a late night for the both of us and I am really tired this morning. It is beautiful outside this morning so hopefully I can still take Jacob out for his daily stroller ride that he loves so much.

Ellie was trying this on her blog at The Cedar Chest and I thought it was interesting so I decided to give it a try. What you do is head over to
Wikipedia and type your birth date (just month and day) into the search box. Then list 5 things that happened on that day in history.

Events for September 9th:

1850: California is admitted as the thirty-first US state
1914: WW1 - The creation of the Canadian Automobile Machine Gun Brigade, the first fully mechanized unit in the British Army.
1966:
National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act signed into law by U.S. President Lydon Johnson

Birthdays:

1966: Adam Sandler’s Birthday - American Comedian and musician
1975: Michael Buble's Birthday - Canadian pop jazz singer and actor

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't it nice to watch Jacob begin to build relationships with other children! It is a lot of fun to watch.

Hope that you all get some sleep tonight! It is so hot upstairs in our house tonight! I hate when it is almost 90 for only a few days. You die of heat because it is not quite time for the A/C's just yet! Look at me complaining about the heat!LOL! I was just complaining about the cold. I guess that's the way it always is. HA!!!

Margo said...

They do learn a lot by imitating. that can be good and bad! LOL

Dianna said...

I'm here at my moms' place right now with ym 2 children till Sunday and their cousins are here also my children absolutely love interacting with their peers.

Ellie said...

Isn't this meme fun? I enjoyed going through the list and seeing what happened on my birth date. :)

Shanilie said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. I haven't been able to comment to each one for a while. But just wanted to say that I really appreciate them!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP