Our Trip To The Lake

22.5.07

I’m back! Despite the rain that was off and on all weekend we still had a wonderful time. We didn’t get to go swimming or go on any long walks along the trails, but every day we did take Jacob to the park whether it was raining or not. Most times than not he would come into the trailer soaking wet. Thankfully it was warm over the weekend and we were snug and cozy. Besides playing at the playground, Jacob enjoyed throwing rocks in the lake.

I thought Jacob would not sleep well at all being in a different place and in a different bed, but it didn’t bother him one bit! I was sooo happy about that! The first night I put him to bed at his usual time and he giggled and pulled the blankets up to his ears. I think he knew that this was a special time. He slept right through from 8:30PM-7:30AM all nights and also did great with his noon naps. During those times, Ryan and I would take the TV, movies, games and books to read to our room to keep quiet while he slept. I knew if we were in his sight he would NOT sleep. Saturday we drove to the mall. We all got a few things that we really needed….I got 2 bras! I REALLY needed them. Thankfully we did go into town because while we were there we noticed that our tire was getting flat. It was almost six and I knew most shops would be closed. Since Sunday shopping started, they decided to close businesses at 6PM on Saturday evenings. We went to several shops that were closed till we found one that was open. We were their last people for the day. Thankfully!

Even though it wasn’t the most eventful time it was so relaxing and rejuvenating. It was so wonderful to spend four nights with my family. My most favorite time was spending the evenings winding down sitting on the coach with Jacob in the middle watching either Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, or Thomas The Train. I am rested and refreshed and ready to get back to reality. We got home mid afternoon yesterday, then we were out the rest of the evening….and guess what?! I have a ton of laundry from our trip that needs to be washed and folded. :S

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad that you are back and that you had a great time! It is good to get away from the daily grind of home, even if it was rainy:) Now that Jacob is a champion sleeper you can go on all kinds of adventures! Hooray! I already sent you a long e-mail so I will keep this short!lol!

That Chick Over There said...

That sounds like fun, although not relaxing. :)

Connie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! It is nice to get away every now & then & just have time to be together & relax! Hooray for Jacob & sleeping~that's great! I'm glad you had a good time & also glad you're back~I've missed you & your comments~my dear sweet blogger friend :)

Dianna said...

I agree with the Connie also. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Glad that Jacob was a champ. Last of all, I missed your comments on my blog. Welcome back to the wonderful world of blogging!

Summer said...

Glad that you had a great trip. The fresh air must have done wonders for Jacob to be such a good sleeper. Great picutes.

laura said...

hey....sounds like you guys had an awesome trip.
i love the pics :-)

Danna said...

Just popping by to say hi and that I do this once in awhile. I really enjoy your blog!

HeiressChild said...

there's nothing like a good family trip to refresh and relax you. welcome back.

Ingrid said...

seems like you guys had the time of your life!!! am happy for you. make lots of memories and take lots of pictures coz it's always nice to look back at old photographs with the memories always fresh and vivid in your mind. i envy, i wish we could spend a weekend in some lake but the rate we're going, it seems like next to impossible. ha ha!!!

savor the moment, shan!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP