Mother's Day

15.5.07

I hope everyone had a special Mother’s Day. My Saturday was spent fixing a Mother’s Day meal for my Mom. We enjoyed a seafood meal of scallops and steamed muscles with brochetta and spinach salad. It was delicious! Though, I don’t think it was so much for Ryan. He isn’t a huge lover of sea food. He likes scallops but he didn’t go near the muscles…..neither did my youngest sister Rachael….oh well, that meant more for Mom and I. For dessert I made sex in a pan….recipe below and on top I wrote with the gel frosting tube “Happy Mother’s Day” Afterwards Mom and I enjoyed a walk along the ocean shore. It was nice being able to spend time with her. We have gotten a lot closer over the years and she is one of my closest friends. I don’t know what I would do without her. She is a special mother and I wanted to celebrate her even just a little bit to show her my love and appreciation. Ryan picked out a beautiful card for her and Jacob enjoyed writing his signature on it (more like scribbles all over it).

Ryan gave me a beautiful card with a poem written in it. I fell in love with his love for artsy stuff such as music and writing. He is constantly playing new songs to me so that I can hear the great lyrics. He also came home with a potted bunch of red and yellow tulips….now I will have something to plant on my property when we move into our house! I look forward to starting a little garden of my own.

Out of the blue, my Mom gave Jacob tiger slippers. She enjoys getting him things to surprise him from time to time. He was THRILLED! He didn’t want to take them off of his feet when he went to play outside. He was sooo proud of them. He didn’t want to look too excited to everyone that was ‘oooing’ and ‘aahing’ at them so he had this confident little smirk on his face. Yes, I think he knows he is a cutie who is loved by everyone so much. It is supposed to rain here all week…..so I am kind of bummed about that. I was hoping for some good weather while we stayed 4 nights over the long weekend at the trailer by the lake….oh well, it will be fun to spend time together as a family in the trailer, and if it is warm enough, we could always still play in the rain. Who knows, it may even clear up by the time the weekend comes…..lets hope!


Jacob also had a lot of fun at Grammie’s playing on the tire swing. Even over the last few days Jacob has been learning so much. I know I say that a lot, but now he is saying almost everything and talking up a storm. Things such as “lets go” or “come on”. When he was one, I used to say he was more like a two year old….but now that he is two I keep saying he is more like a three year old lol. I should be saying that he is acting his age, because it is completely normal for all children develop at different times.

Sex In A Pan

1st Layer - Graham cracker bottom of a pie plate
2nd Layer - mix 1 cup of whipped cream, 1 cup of icing sugar and an 8oz package of cream cheese together spread on top of the bottom layer.
3rd Layer - Chocolate pudding (make sure it is not too liquidy)
4th Layer - A couple tablespoons of caramel
5th Layer - Whipped cream on top
Chocolate shavings on top of whipped cream (optional)

8 comments:

Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" said...

Sounds like a nice time...Love those slippers!!!

Connie said...

It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day :) You deserve it~you're a wonderful Mom & Jacob's so lucky to have you as his Mom :)

I'm confused a little bit, LOL! Did you go away camping Mother's Day weekend or is it this coming weekend? Sorry to sound so "blonde", lol!

Your tulips are beautiful & they will look lovely @ your new home ;) Jacob's slippers are very cute! I'll have to get Kendall & Justin some :)

Hope you're having a wonderful day, my great blogger friend :)

Wendy said...

Love the tulips! Ours didn't come up this year! Just a few of the leaves! Dumb moles ate the bulbs, we think! Anyway...glad that you had such a nice Mother's Day! It sounds absolutley perfect. I am with Ryan though...no to the muscles:)

Summer said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day you had. I like scallops to and I haven't tried Mussels and I don't think I will. I like lobster, crabs, and scallops wrapped in bacon(favorite).

Love the flowers you got. they are so pretty.

Happy Belated Mother's Day

Dianna said...

I'm with you on the seafood. Love sea food and chinese. My two favourites. Pick it over burgers anytime!! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's day. I'm still recuperating from being away for 4 days with my children. My husband came for us on Sunday. We had a special time!

Shanilie said...

Janet: Aren't they cute ;)

Connie: Thank you. You're very kind. I don't always feel like the best mom, but I try to be a better person every day. I am just sooo blessed to have him as a son.

Sorry for the confusion. I don't think I was clear in that post. I had a busy weekend last week and this week has been quite busy getting ready for it...I just didn't think I would have the time to blog this week before I left...but I found the time lol. I guess I couldn't stay away. So to answer your question, I am going to the lake in 2 days :) I can't wait to plant those flowers in my new home!

Shanilie said...

Wendy: Thanks Wendy :)That's too bad about your bulbs being eaten by moles....you need to get a cat :) they are a great way for getting rid of rodents lol. I guess Ryan isn't alone....;) me and seafood are very close lol

Summer: Oh, you should really try muscles some time. They are delicious dipped in a garlic butter sauce. I liked muscles wayy before I liked scallops. I always found scallops kind of slimey if they weren't cooked properly and kind of rubbery, but I like them now. Who knows, you might just love steamed muscles....and they are affordable too.

Dianna: Those are my 2 top favorites too! I loooveee chinese food. I am glad you had a good time while you were away. Going away can get exhausting and I am sure you are glad to be home to get back to a routine. Even when I go away just for the day I find myself ready to collapse when I get home.

Stacey said...

I made sex in a pan for my mom for mother's day too!! Too funny.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP