LONG WEEKEND AT THE LAKE!

18.5.07

Hi everyone! Do any of you have any special plans for the long weekend coming up? Ryan usually works the weekend and has Monday off for the holiday and Tuesday off because it is an in-service for teachers so we will have a GREAT first family vacation together at the lake. It should be interesting. I am getting kind of scared because I don’t know how Jacob will be in a different bed. Any suggestions or words of advice? Who knows, this vacation may turn into a long and extended weekend of sleepless exhaustion. I hope not! I will be glad to get away for a while. The days leading up to buying a house have been so stressful….and exciting at the same time. We had the water tested yesterday and won’t know the results for a couple of days and this evening we are meeting with the building inspector. I am excited about this because I get to look inside the house again! I haven’t been in there for a few months now. Anyway, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. We will be leaving first thing this afternoon when Ryan gets home from school. So, I am going to disappear from the blogging world till Tuesday!

- I just got my lip and eyebrows waxed today. I feel like a new person. I just love getting that done. I usually do it myself but my mom got me a gift certificate for Mother’s Day to get it done. So sweet!

- I also have a hair appointment for next Thursday. I finally am committing! It is Ryan’s Mother’s Day gift to me I guess you could say. I would have done it earlier but the price I was quoted for a full head of foils was $100 not including the cut! Insane! I don’t have that much money to waste on my hair. So I called around and found a place that would do it for $35 for full head of foils and cut included but she was really booked up and couldn’t see me till next week. I guess I won’t have it for the long weekend but that’s okay. The price is AMAZING. I have decided to do platinum foils and hair to my shoulders. It will be a BIG change for me, especially since my hair has been quite long for several years now. I will take before and after photos.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend!

12 comments:

Biby Cletus said...

Cool blog, i just randomly surfed in, but it sure was worth my time, will be back

Deep Regards from the other side of the Moon

Biby Cletus

That Chick Over There said...

No long weekend for us. Boo! Next weekend is long though. Yay! :)

Summer said...

Have fun at the lake! DOn't forget your camera so you take lots of pictures.

Stacey said...

Have a wonderful time camping!! Keith and I are going to the US from Sunday to Monday, since there is no long weekend there!! It's actually to celebrate his birthday.

I can't wait to see your hair!!

Connie said...

Oh, that's so exciting about your long weekend @ the lake! You'll have to take lots of pics & share them when you return :) I bet Jacob will be just fine~especially since you & Ryan will be w/him~now, if you guys weren't there, then he might have a difficult time. He might just surprise you!!

So exciting too about your house too~things are really progressing quickly~you'll be moved in before you know it :)

That's great about your waxing~how very sweet of your Mom! I'm like you, I usually do it myself but if we ever have extra $, sometimes I will go & have it done just to save me some time. At a local nail salon, it only costs around $10 for both! But, I mostly do it myself (not my lip though!)

OH, I CAN'T wait to see your hair! That's super exciting!!!! What a treat that'll be for you :) I'm sure it'll be a big change for you but I bet you'll love it :) Please do that, take before & after pics so we can see :)

We don't have a long weekend til next week here in the US~Memorial Day is the 28th so it'll be a 3-day weekend for us! I may see if we can go somewhere~not anywhere expensive~just somewhere where we can get away for a bit. We haven't done that in a LONG time!

I hope you have a fantastic extended weekend @ the lake & can't wait to hear ALL about it! Have a wonderful time my great blogger friend :)

Dianna said...

Here's hoping your vacation is a well rested one. All SATM deserve getaways with family somewhere new and exciting. Your little guy will probably be more relaxed then the parents huh? lol
God bless.

Wendy said...

Oh man! I got on here to late! I missed you before you left! Bummer! Well, I hope that you had an awesome time and I can not wait to see the pictures!!

Ingrid said...

hi Shan!!! wow!!! you have a lot going there in your corner of the world!!! you had your lips and eyebrows waxed? wowww, i'm happy for you, i wish i could have the time to do that. we need to pamper ourselves, right? have fun in the lake!!! tell us all about it!!!

Wendy said...

You are being so quiet about your weight loss! Congrats:) EXCITING!! Good for you!!!

HeiressChild said...

hi shanilie, i know you're having a great time at the lake. i'm sure it's so beautiful, and i believe jacob will sleep alright. i'd like to see before and after pics too of your hair when it's done. i look forward to the time when i can go and have myself pampered at the spa.

Margo said...

I really need to do something with my brows! I'm glad you're taking some time out for you!

Erin said...

Hey Shanilie! It's been a while since I've left a comment...oops! I can't get over how expensive it can be to have your hair done...the price of being a woman, hey. I'm so hapy you found a place for cheaper though!! Also, I can't remember the last time I had my eyebrows waxed, u reminded me that I should! Take care, hope your weekend at the lake was fun!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP