+27C Today & Late Nights

8.5.07

I haven’t been taking many pictures lately. I am so lost when I don’t have pictures to post to my blog. I hope to take more today. It is +27C outside! Can you believe that?! It is the warmest day so far this year. I hope to head outside as soon as I finish writing this. Ryan just headed into work today, and thankfully he doesn’t have to work this evening so he will be home to enjoy the evening with us! My Mom is coming over for lunch. We usually go for walks together either every day or every other day. I enjoy having a walking partner.

Some of you have been wondering about our move-in date for our house. It isn’t till July 1st. So we will be where we currently are for about 2 months yet. (We gave our 3 month notice a while back) We are still waiting for the financing to go through so nothing is confirmed yet. I have been cleaning like crazy. Vacuuming under beds, pulling out furniture, cleaning the entry way and even the cupboards, gathering boxes. I will have enough to do when we move to worry about all the cleaning that I will have to do for this house when it is empty. Moving out of a clean house is always easier than moving out of a messy one. This works out well because a few months back my landlords told me they were selling this house. Before they even told us a guy called and said he was interested in the house. We were shocked. I called my landlord and they told us about it. They said the guy would let us stay but I wasn’t feeling well about renting from some complete stranger. So, this has worked out for all of us. I just can’t stay here and take the chances that we may get booted out buy the buyer of this house. I have learned not to take peoples word for anything these days. Better to be safe than sorry….plus this way our monthly rent will be put towards something and living in a house that isn’t falling apart.

As for other info, Jacob has been going to bed later and later these days. I will put him to bed between 8:00 + 8:30PM and I will hear him playing in his room till 9:30PM then I will put him back to bed when I go to bed. It would be one thing if he would sleep in till later….maybe 7-9AM but he still gets up around 6:00AM when he hears Ryan get up for work. I am an early person and I don’t mind that, but he has just been a little fussy during the day because of his short nights. I am thinking that it might be the light coming into his room as the sun stays out later and later ever night. I wonder if a dark curtain and blinds would help keep the light out some and maybe a dark room would help Jacob go to sleep sooner. Any advice?

8 comments:

Wendy said...

We had to darken Wesley's room also! We still do:o) He is an early bird. He has a shade, curtain, and a blamket draped over for extra darkness. It is getting light here around 4:30am.

I also found this blog and she has some great scrapbooking tips using photoshop. It's called "hybrid scrapbooking". It's a mix of traditional scrapbooking and digital. I am excited to read more about it.

Wendy said...

oops! I forgot to add the link! http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/ DUH!!

Ellie said...

Owning a house, in my opinon, is so much better. It is an investment and that is a big plus, but also you get to do with it what you want. One of my friends use to rent and she wasn't allowed to put any holes in the walls, so she had to stand her picture frames on the floor if she wanted to display any pictures, plus, her husband is an artist and paints all kinds of paintings and she couldn't hang those up either! I would feel trapped if I had to live like that. You will LOVE being a homeowner.

Jacob becoming a night owl, huh? He is growing up...time for another baby...I think! ;)

Dianna said...

In my son's room I have put up a blind and curtains. It def. helps. Also what might help with his sleeping habits,does he take afternoon naps? I'm a firm believer in afternoon naps for my children till they reach school age. Good luck!

Connie said...

Hope you were able to enjoy some nice weather :) July is a good move in date~this gives you enough time to get things packed up & not have to rush. As for Jacob sleeping, I'd definitely try blinds &/curtains. We have blinds throughout our house & I leave them open in Kendall's room during the day so he knows the difference between naptime & bedtime & that seems to help. I close them @ bedtime so it stays nice & dark & then some dark in the mornings when the sun comes up. He usually goes to bed between 9-9:30 PM & sleeps til 9-9:30 AM & then takes a 1 1/2-2 hour nap. I'd start out w/the blinds & if that alone doesn't help, I'd get a dark curtain. Good luck :)

I have to run~Kendall has his 2 year check-up this morning in 2 hours so I've gotta jump in the shower & get ready before he wakes up! I'll post stats from his appt. later :)

Margo said...

I think darkening his room is a great idea. Hopefully it's just a phase. they go through so many!

Glad to hear things are working out well with the moving situation!

Keira said...

That's so exciting - getting your own house! One definitely tires of throwing money out the window on rent . . .

Shanilie said...

I will definitely try covering his windows...since we will be moving shortly I don't want to buy a curtain that may or may not fit a window in our future home so I will wait on that...and for now I am using the very stylish black garbage bags taped to the window sill lol.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP