Working From The Home/FIRST VIDEO!

16.4.07

Update To Post



I MADE MY FIRST VIDEO!!! Yesterday Jacob opened up a birthday gift early and there was side walk chalk included and it was such a nice day out we decided to go out and use it! We drew a hop scotch and had fun jumping all together. I am not getting sound on this end....can you hear anything? I have tried downloading several different types of video programs but I am still not getting any sound....anyone have any expertice on this? I am at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you :) I wanted to do a trial video so I can share Jacob's birthday star on Kids CBC on TV on the 21st. Now that I know how to do it, hopefully I can start sharing some older videos when Jacob was younger :) I also had to remove my "Unwritten" song :( I just added it and since I have sound coming from the videos now I can't do both :( oh well, I am excited about my video!



Phew, busy times. I just feel like there is no time in the day to post on my blog lately. That makes me melancholy because I enjoy it so much. It is my outlet I guess you could say. I just love chatting with my blogger friends and working on my blog. A place that is all mine that I can come to when I have a few minutes on my hands when I am not out all day or spending time with my son. I haven’t been home for a whole day in AGES.

The school year is coming to and end and before you know it summer is going to be here and I find myself thinking about next year already! Not a whole lot, but just about the new school year. I am thinking about starting a business in my home teaching piano lessons and tutoring. It is in the works, and that way I could work from the home which would be a HUGE bonus. Perhaps when my children are in school eventually and I don’t have to pay child care costs then I may consider teaching at a school again but for now I love being a SAHM. I will update more on that in the future.

Ever since I was 13 I had a job. Weather it be babysitting, in the fields, waitressing, working at Tim’s, and various grocery stores….you name it I have done it. When I finished university I worked in a home with mentally and physically disabled people, taking/accompanying them to school, helping them eat, etc. It was really one of the best jobs I have ever had. My co-workers were also great friends. Working there was the one of the places I could go to and be happy, besides being with my hubby ;) especially being in MB surrounded by strangers in our first year of marriage.

We got married when Ryan was still in University. I worked at the home, and taught Sunday school every Sunday at Ryan’s home church, from time to time I would also sing with the praise and worship team and Ryan would play his guitar along with all of the other instruments (drums, bass guitar, piano etc.) it was a way for me to get to know my community and make friends. Oh the things people will do go through to get to know people in a strange town. Later we decided we would move to NS where Ryan finished his undergrad at Acadia. After living 3 years in MB both Ryan and I were ready to move!

During his first year at Acadia I was pregnant for Jacob and working full time teaching grade 9/10 math, science and LA. It was a busy year and it paid the bills and got Ryan through school. Working full-time also allowed me to collect Matt. Leave for Jacob’s whole first year which supported Ryan in his last year of school. Things were tight, but we did it. Up until then I worked. These past 11 months since Jacob was 1 I have been a SAHM. One year of un-paid work, but still work. So here I am contemplating working from the home. I think I am ready for it and I know I would enjoy doing som-ething like that from home. Wow, this post is went in a million directions lol.


A Few More Thoughts:

- I went shopping at the mall over the weekend. I was able to get several outfits for both Jacob and I. It was long overdue. I have been saving up, it is nice to be able to do that every once in a while. Though, I have to admit, shopping is not on my list of most favorite things to do list. Call me crazy...I know lol

-Also, my youngest sister is almost a foot taller than I am and was looking down at my hair and pulled out SEVERAL grey hairs! I am not really surprised especially since my mom was almost completely grey at 19....but still....I didn't know was actually starting to get clumps of grey and not just strands. I have always enjoyed dyeing my hair but stopped while I was pregnant and breast feeding but I think I am ready to try a new color. When did you notice greys starting to appear?


- The picture at the top was a zwinky that I made. When my sisters were at my place over the weekend they were making them and I threw one together. It was quick and I just pasted it in paint then cropped it. Hope you like it! lol I have the very long dirty blonde hair, cell and purse in my hands, my glasses, long earings, glasses, strappy black sandals that I like. I also have the knitted sweater over my pink shirt...something I do too often and a flower in my hair. I just love flowers in the hair.

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey! It's such a good idea to work out of the home...I think so anyways! I am teaching piano at home now, and Jonathan watches Tate while I teach, so it works out well...a little one on one time for Daddy and son, and i can bring in a bit of extra cash! :) So good luck with your plans too!

Ellie said...

Hmmm, a wonderful idea to work from your home! Let us know more about it as it unfolds.

I know exactly what you are saying about the blogging thing. I LOVE my blog, but I am having such an awful time posting on my blog AND reading everybody's blogs. I feel guilty when I don't go read and comment on other blogs when I see that there are still people being faithful readers/commenters on my blog, but I just can't do it every day. For the moment I am just busy and so I finally decided to cut myself some slack and if I get to post, that is wonderful, if I get to read/comment on other people's blogs, wonderful again, but if not, no beating up of myself, no more. The guilt must end. lol (That may have been just a tad dramatic, but you get the gist of it, huh?)

Have a peachy day, and I will catch up with you soon.

Blessings,

Ellie

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

I think that's a great idea to work from your home Shanilie & I really hope it works out for you :) That'd be awesome~you'd get the best of both worlds~being able to still be a SAHM for Jacob (& future kids :) & being able to make some extra $$$ :) I'll keep you & this situation in my prayers :)

Secondly~~I LOVE LOVE LOVE your video~it's GREAT!!!! :) And, I could hear sound on my end :) Good job~keep the videos coming :)

Hope you have a wonderful day blogger friend :)

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

OH, one more thing about the video~you can also hear the music from your video but I just disabled it while watching the video :)

Shanilie said...

Andrea: Wow, you teach piano lessons too! That is great. Time for you to do your thing then time for the boys to have their time together. Have any pointers?

Ellie: Thanks Ellie. I will definitely let you know everything as it unfolds. lol I like dramatic people.I am usually the dramatic one so you said something like I would usually say lol. Yes, don't beat yourself...especially with summer on the way things are going to get busier for everyone and we are going to go out and enjoy the great outdoors as often as we can!

Connie: Thank you :) I really hope it works out smoothly. I guess I won't really know how it will go unless I try it. Even a little extra $ through the month would be a big help...

lol I was removing the song "unwritten" on my blog at the exact time you were commenting. That is so funny! Good timing. I guess I could keep it if people would just disable the song...but I think I will just not bother keeping it. A little easier. My MSN friend told me there is another song playing with the video and I don't know where that one is coming from lol. I guess I still have a few kinks to iron out. Thanks for the encouraging words. I really appreciate all of them.

Andrea said...

About the video...that same thing happened to me when I tried to use onetruemedia and I have no idea why...but when I used a different site - www.dropshots.com then I had sound and everything worked! So, I don't know why, but maybe try a different site.

Summer said...

Great video of Jacob. I was going to tell about Dropshots too. I downloaded a video of my niece awhile ago and it worked great.

Shanilie said...

Andrea: Thanks so much for suggesting Drop Shots! It has been a great find! It is so straight forward and easy to use. Now I am getting sound too...how odd...

Summer: Glad you enjoyed the video. Oh yea, I remember you doing a video but I didn't know what program it was through.

Drea said...

awe your hubby is a fab artist ;-) loved the video. Jacobs so cute.

Ute said...

Hi shanilie, I understand this blogging thing as well. Now in summertime I'm busy as well being outside till the evenings. I visit my favourite blogs freqeuntly, but don't always have the time to comment.

How great if you have the possibility to work from home. This is great for mums. I hope this will going to work for you. I really understand that you are ready to go doing something for you. You will manage it, I'm sure!

I didn't have the possibility to watch your videos, but I will certainly do lately...

Wendy said...

Another great video! I have also been trying to find a way to work from home! Good luck with your ideas! I think they sound great! Cute Zwinky:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanilie,
It's neat to hear you are thinking of teaching piano. I've done it for three years now, and one website that has tons of helpful info is The Piano Education Page (google it). Everything from how to set up a policy to tips for getting along with parents is on there. I'm no expert, but if you've got questions, look me up on facebook and send me a message. Talk to you later!
Emily Wightman

Shanilie said...

Hi Emily! Thank you so much for the information. I really am in the beginning stages and want to definitly look into this as a possibility. This is a huge help! I will head over to facebook right now and add you. I haven't seen you by here in a while and I was hoping that I would hear from you again :) I am even more excited now...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP