The Thinking Blog Award Goes To:

3.4.07

I wasn’t tagged for this meme, but I saw it on Janet’s blog “Dancing Through”. I loved the idea so I thought I would give it a try. The directions given are these:

1. Write a post with links to 5 (I chose 6 lol) blogs that make you think
2. Link to
this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.


So the Thinking Blog Award goes to ……



1. Ellie. The Cedar Chest: I am so in awe of her strength and her mind. You are such a loving mother and wife and the concern for your family is evident in your posts. I love your thankfuls that you put at the end of every post even on the rough days you still see the light at the end of the tunnel. You also have a way with words and are so able to vividly express yourself.


2. Sylvia. HeiressChild: Your posts are so interesting and well written. I haven’t known you for a really long time but the posts I have read I can see your love for God and for others. You teach valuable lessons even when you are just sharing your heart. You have touched me in a special way and encouraged me on numerous occasions and seem to post what I needed to hear that day.

3. Connie: Mamma of 2 Sweet Angel Boys: She was the first blog that I ever read and instantly felt a connection. She is such a wonderful woman. She is has the biggest heart that she chooses to share with the blogworld. Especially in your posts to Kendall every month. Your love for your children and the rest of your family just shines through in your blog. She always makes me feel like a real mom.

4. Margo. A Mixed Up Mamma: I know most of your posts are usually pictures, but they are so interesting and thought provoking. They are breathtaking! You truly have a gift and I am so thankful that you choose to share your photos on the blog world. When you are not posting pictures you sometimes have some fun and make me laugh, while at other times having such heart tugging moments. You share your heart in your posts.

5. Wendy. I love your blog for so many reasons. It is full of life and pictures of your family which I love. It is focused on your children and I love that. You have a very welcoming personality in your blog posts and are open to everyone it seems. I also love your scrapbook pages and the informative pages that you have. I love our connection with you having experienced things with Wesley and can share your expertise with me :)

6. “That Chick”. For The Love of God: Your blog has got to be the most fun, frustrating and hysterical blog I have ever read. It is always a special ‘treat’ so to speak. You are such a down to earth ‘real’ mom not afraid to express yourself. You write so well and it shows, no wonder you are looking at publishing a book. I love that you have such a realistic outlook on life and don’t try to ‘butter up’ the flaws of humanity. You aren’t afraid to say it as it is. Your love for your 2 little ones shines through your blog. Thank you for making me smile! Even when you have had a rotten day, you find a way to make a funny moment out of it….I don’t mean to laugh at your pain jk. lol You are able to state your thoughts and opinions without hurting others.

There are many others that I thought of to ‘nominate’ but these women all deserve to be acknowledged, but since I was only allowed to choose six, these were the ones I chose. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Ellie said...

Shanilie,

Well, what can I say? Thank you. I feel blessed and humbled to have now been nominated for this award 3 times. There was some controversy going on about this award over on my blog and so I did do my nominations. It has been a touchy subject and so all I will say is "Thank you and I am honored". You have a wonderful blog too, and you know how I feel about your blog, I did the ~wink~ on you, so I won't repeat myself. :) Your other choices are really great ones as well.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Aww, Shanilie~thank you SO much for this award! I thank you from the bottom of my heart & appreciate it so much! Thank you SO much for the kind words you said about me~I really appreciate it :) You're a super person & you have a wonderful blog as well. You're a great Mom & Jacob is so lucky to have you. I don't have time now to do my nominations but I promise I'll get to it~it may be next week because Justin's on Spring Break this week but I WILL get to it :) Thanks again! :)

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

OH, wanted to say real quick~LOVE the song you've added to your blog :)

Shanilie said...

Ellie: Wow, 3 times. It is definitely deserved. You definitely have a gift in writing. People shouldn't get touchy when you have a over 30+ blogger friends and can only choose 5-6. If I remember correctly, I think you did choose more than 5. Silly, don't be afraid to speak your thoughts. I have enjoyed 'getting to know you'

Connie: Oh fun, this is Justin's spring break. That's awesome...plus with Easter weekend coming up, he really gets a good and lengthy break.

Glad you enjoyed getting the 'award' You are one of the nicest, and friendly people I have 'met' through the blog world and I have really appreciated getting to know you. It's just an added bonus that we have boys only a week apart. Enjoy the time spent with your family!

HeiressChild said...

hi shanilie,

i was just doing my morning blog visits, so imagine my surprise when i saw my blog nomination. i am so honored to be chosen, and excited because things like this are those "special" treats that God "blesses" into my life. He knows how to always lift my spirits and encourage me. it's like life is just going along, then SURPRISE! i love it!

your kind words have really blessed and encouraged me. i just try to live my life pleasing to God; then everything else falls into place. i remember coming to your blog for the 1st time when you received the "weekend wink," and i've been coming back ever since, and i continue to be blessed each time i come with your love of your beautiful family and everyone who comes to your blog. thank you again. now i have to go back and re-read the instructions. *lol*

Wendy said...

Wow! I don't even know what to say! Thank you so much for your kind words! You are def. one of my best blogging buddies:o)

Ingrid said...

great choices!!! i'm a regular over at ellie's & sylvia's and you're indeed right, they're just amazing blogs. the other 3, i'll find time to check them out. take care!!

Margo said...

Thank you, Shanilie, you always make me feel so good about myself. hugs and love to you sistah girl!

Shanilie said...

Sylvia: I am glad your spirits were lifted. It is a nice surprise seeing that. I remember being blown away with the weekend wink from Ellie. She had such encouraging things to say.

Wendy: I am glad. I have really enjoyed getting to know you through the blog. It is amazing that friendships can actually grow through the blog. Thanks for being a great blogger friend :)

Ingrid: Yes, I agree, I do enjoy going to all of your sites. All three of you have such different blogs in terms of content and I love it.

Margo: Aww thank you. I love hugs lol. I am glad that I can make you feel good about yourself. I try to be uplifting as often as I can. Though sometime the blog just becomes a great place to rant.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP