My Tidbit of Info. On How To Achieve Balance

6.4.07

I got tagged yesterday by my friend Drea over at "Fina Drea." I’m supposed to write about balance in my life and how I achieve it.

1. How do you achieve balance in your life?

By focusing on priorities, and making sure they stay priorities. Not sweating the small stuff. Keeping things in perspective. Not spending too much time and effort on things that don’t matter in the end. Realizing we are all just human with imperfections, and realizing that there are things that are not in our own control.

2. What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life?

Time management. It just feels like there are not enough hours in the day to do what I would like to get done. When there are too many things to be balancing. Feeling like every day is catch up, instead of actually getting ahead. Spending more time in prayer, it can get replaced with so many other things. Getting enough sleep….I NEED my sleep lol. Forgetting, even briefly what is most important.

3. What are your priorities?

My husband and Jacob are the first and foremost most important things in my life. My family has also been huge supporters. Everyone needs to have a support system, a group of people who love and care for you and are loyal to you and would do anything for you. Surround yourself with love! I want to show love to others and in general to learn how to be a better person. I guess that is what we are all striving for….I hope we never stop. God is central to everything. He is always there even if he gets pushed to the bottom of the list. Praise God for that!

4. Have your priorities changed over time, and why?

Yes, to some extent they have, nothing dramatic. As I got married and got a family of my own, that family became more of a priority than my family at birth. I used to be more concerned with being comfortable, and realize that it is more important to be at peace than to be comfortable. It is important to be challenged in order to grow and build character. I have my own home now and I have control of what comes into my home, whether it be people, TV shows, sites on the internet etc. I want to stay healthy so I can be a part of Jacob’s life when he is an adult and show him how to be healthy and teach him the valuable lessons in life so he can be an amazing father/husband one day.

5. What advice can you share to help all of us balance our lives?

Take things one day at a time. Set clear goals. I live by the statement “Anything in moderation”. I like to keep my focus on the things that are most important like my family, spending more time in my community and continue helping out with church activities and staying close to the things that bring me joy and happiness. Go for walks every day, sometimes I dread having to go out, but once I do I feel happier, more energized, and Jacob loves it. It helps me to be a better Mom when I’m not cooped up all day. I enjoy looking at the beautiful creation around me because that is where I see God. Sometimes it needs to start with mental health first before the physical. Oh, and also have a candle lit bubble bath....I am ALWAYS doing that. I don't think I could give that up. It helps me to relax after Jacob is in bed. Even if I have a shower in the morning, I still have to have my bath at the end of most days. Laugh often! I love making others laugh. Here's a little Easter comic you may enjoy.









I tag anyone who is interested! Enjoy.

7 comments:

Margo said...

LOL I NEED my sleep too!! time management has been an issue for me as well. If only there were a way to add an hour or two to each day!

Wendy said...

Nice post! I always think that I am doing great time wise, until the end of the week and nothing is done! LOL!

Drea said...

we all need our sleep lol... the chocolate bunny thing is hilarious!

Wendy said...

Cute pics here.... love em!

Ingrid said...

wow!! i can see you have a well-balanced life! it's amazing how you're able to find all that balance. i guess you're right . . . a day at a time is what we all need. great post!!

Summer said...

I think those Easter pics are so cute and funny. I really like the chocolate one. Happy Easter!!!

Shanilie said...

Margo: :) I am glad that I am not alone. The days are just too busy.

Wendy: I know what you mean. Even when I do finish my lists of things to do, there always seems to be a ton added to it by the end of the week, and most times I never completely finish all of the things that I first set out to do! lol

Drea: Yes, It is amazing how much better a person can feel with a regular sleeping pattern. Glad you enjoyed the comics. :)

Ingrid: Well, I wouldn't say that I am all balanced lol. This is just how I would try to get balance, but more times than not I need to take my own advice a lot of the time lol. I guess you could call this wishful thinking. ;)Glad you enjoyed the post.

Summer: Hope you had a special Easter too. Glad you enjoyed the comics :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP