Make It A One-Day Blog Silence ~April 30, 2007~

19.4.07

Update to post:


The weeks have been sooo busy lately and I am out most days and guess what?! Jacob birthday party is scheduled for tomorrow! About a month ago I started planning his birthday party, buying presants, wrapping, sending invitations, making phone calls to confirm what food everyone was bringing (we always do pot-lucks) So easy to feed +30-40 people that way. He is so young at this point, so we invite family....I am sure as he gets older he will want a school friend party too. That should be fun. I was going to have a theme party and it started with Cars invitations, I was about to buy a cars pinata but then I saw a Nemo fish pinata that I just HAD to get...it was sooo cute. I filled it with candy and was all set. Even the cake we were going to get in a Cars theme but we didn't get that either. We ordered the Thomas The Train cake instead lol. So, now we are having a birthday "non" theme of Cars, Nemo and Thomas The Train. Oh well, it will be fun though.

I don't know if you remember or not, but my parrents bought Jacob a Thomas The Train Bed and laundry basket at christmas....they kind of started that theme. My dad thought The Backyardians but Cait & Rach liked Thomas so that's what they got. Ever since then we have been working towards a complete Thomas room. Bedding was being sold seperately at Wal Mart so we bought a Thomas pillow and a Thomas pillow case. My mom took it apart and sewed him a beautiful valence for his bedroom. It turned out amazing. She offered to do that a while back so all I had to do was buy the pillow case and we were all set. I even had an offer from blogger friend Wendy about a Thomas switch plate for the light switches, I found a Thomas night light, and even 2 nights ago Jacob recieved a 2 yr old Thomas birthday card from his aunt Laura, uncle Bryan, and cousin Ciara. Too sweet.

So, needless to say, I need to get to town today so I can get the rest of the groceries I need to get his party ready for 5:00PM tomorrow. Should be interesting. As long as the house is clean I'm feeling good. :)


Silence can say more than a thousand words.

On April 30, 2007 the blogsphere will hold a One Day Blog Silence in honor of the victims at Virginia Tech. 33 Died and many more were injured. This day shall unite us all about this unbelievable painful & shocking event that has affected people from all over the world. Lets show some respect and love to those who lost their loved ones.
~
All you have to do is spread the word about it, and post the graphic below on your blog for April 30, 2007. No words and no comments, just respect, reflect and empathy.
~
"Please spread the word about this event"
~
For more info please check out the one-day blog silence site. To add this button to your site just paste this code in your template.


11 comments:

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

I posted about this last nite on my blog. Thanks to Ingrid that commented about it on your blog~I'd have never known about it. It is definitely a tragic event!

Summer said...

I will be posting that buttom to my blog. I feel so sorry for the families who lost a love one.

Shanilie said...

Connie: Yes, I am glad Ingrid mentioned it because I hadn't heard anything about it either.

Summer: Thanks for participating :)

Shanilie said...

To anyone who leaves a comment after this, be sure to check out the new feature on my blog. It is located at the top right of my blog (under view my profile section) , it is a chatroom for any of my blog viewers. Just write in a name and click on log-in, you never know I may just be there.

Wendy said...

I can't believe that it is already Jacobs birthday! Wesley had a Thomas birthday when he was 3! I love that you are having multi-themes! Jacob will love seeing all his favorites! I hope that all goes well! I hope you are having beautiful weather up there! We are entering into a warm up! HOORAY!

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

I didn't realize you were having Jacob's party this soon~where have I been, lol! It sounds like you're prepared though ;) I hope it goes well & I'm positive it will. Can't wait to hear the details of the party & LOTS of pics, I hope :) Enjoy the party & your weekend :) OH~we're having Kendall's party on May 5th. I really wanted to have it on his actual b-day since this year his actual b-day is on a Sat. but one of Bobby's sister's can't make it that day (April 28th) so we decided to have it the following weekend. Enjoy Jacob's 2 Year b-day party & give him big hugs from "Blogger Aunt" Connie :)

That Chick Over There said...

I love Thomas! You guys have a great time!

Wendy said...

I'm back... just wanted to tell you that I love the picture of you and Jacob! CUTE!

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

I *LOVE* that picture of you & Jacob~that is so very cute!

Shanilie said...

Wendy: I am like a kid that way, I woke up this morning excited for him that I couldn't sleem in lol. I enjoy doing this for him and I am sure he will absolutely love the attn. he will get too ;) It has rained all week but I heard it is supposed to get up to +14 today and sunny...who knows, maybe we'll even be able to go outside and enjoy the sun! p.s. Glad you like the picture. I don't mind what I see in the mirror sometimes...but I have to admit I don't like most photographs of myself. lol I keep thinking that people would rather see pictures of Jacob rather than me ;)

Connie: Yes, I did get kind of behind in my planning. About a month ago I started getting ideas ready then realized that this was the only weekend that worked for most people. It is pretty near impossible finding a day that works for everyone. Even Jacob's great grandma will be away today and I know she is very disappointed. I figured I may even have to find a weekend later in May but everyone's just so busy these days. I will def. take lots of pictures. Aww, that is the sweetest thing I have heard *blogger aunt connie* :)) I think that is just perfect. I am glad you liked the picture of Jacob and me....I have put pictures of just Jacob there....Ryan and I but none of me and Jacob so I figured I had better get over my *not wanting to splash myself all over the blog* feeling. I just took it yesterday evening before Jacob went to bed. I though "It's about time" lol so I just grabbed him, squeezed him tight and took one. :) So that is the most current picture of the two of us together (yesterday)

"Chick": Thanks, it should be a great time. Thomas is great for kids isn't it?!

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob! The party sounds like a lot of fun, lots of family and I am sure many gifts to unwrap.

I think the one day blog silence is a good thing, it will help us all reflect on what others are going through during this time.

I guess we have a Thomas the Train close by our house and our friends from NYC are coming to visit soon and they have plans on visiting Thomas on their way to our house. :) They have a 4 and a 6 year old. I barely even know there is a train called Thomas, let alone knowing he lives close to my house! I guess he is quite the celebrity among the youngsters.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP