I Have Been Interviewed!

25.4.07

Ellie interviewed me recently. This is a new thing going around the blog sphere and I thought it was fun and interesting, so I gave it a try!

Here were Ellie’s questions for me:

1. If you never married and had children what is one thing you would have liked to do with your life?

~
Well, coming from a girl who never planned on not ever getting married and having children I can tell you my current life is a HUGE blessing and also a huge surprise. I spent my whole life wanting to get education to get a good job to be successful and independent and I was doing that up until I met Ryan lol. There is nothing I have set out to do that hasn’t been accomplished so I have a hard time thinking of what more I want….I guess I have to find some new goals. Jacob is my life and joy and my priorities are for him now. When he hurts I hurt…. My desires are for him and what I would love for him when he is a man. I always wanted to travel….I may only have gone across country and across the US, at least I got to see outside NS :) If I am lucky I can go to Australia ( A place I would love to see) But now that I am married I can’t imagine enjoying doing something like that without Ryan. I have dreamed of teaching in a university one day…but I can do that whether I was married with children or not. I taught a university at Prov. for a week for my Prof. who was away, she thought that I could get the teaching experience and that I was good at what I did! I thought it was an amazing compliment. I loved every minute of it. She could have asked any number of people or even have gotten a sub. It was scary getting up in front of a hundred plus people that were my peers but it was amazing. This may not be what you are looking for but this is all I can think of lol.

2. Name a moment that stands out in your mind that defines who you are today.
~
I know there are several things that I could write about, and I don’t want to sound corny or anything but in complete honesty I wouldn’t be where I am now without the Lord. He has been there with me through everything, things always haven’t been easy but the difficult times made me run to him more. I can honestly say if it wasn’t for Him I wouldn’t be here today. I grew up in a Christian home, taught at bible camp since I was twelve, taught youth group, and Sunday school at various churches through the years. It is just a huge part of my life. I can’t imagine what my life would be like without Him!

3. Favorite comfort food is?
~
Wow, hard question. I am not a lover of sweets at all….more of a main course kind of gal….if chips are a type of sweet then that is probably what it would be. I love chips of any kind. They are easy to purchase and easy to get….though pizza or peroges would definitely be a close second, except for the fact I don’t eat that unhealthy food very often.

4. Do you have a special talent you wish you could use, but there is no time for it right now, if so, what is it and if you had the time, how would you use that special talent?
~
Well, I don’t really know what you mean by talent. I think we all have strengths and weaknesses. I’m not in the Guinness Book of World Records or anything. I’m a pretty average person just like the next. We are all just human, but my head isn’t wayyy up my butt either lol. I think I have the gift of teaching. First with being the oldest in my family and looking after almost all of my younger cousins as well as my little sisters and being an example to them. I have also taught in various schools and churches. But that is what I have always done and am currently doing now with teaching and raising my son. But something I don’t have time to do would be piano playing and singing. I love singing, and I love playing the piano. My dream would be to be to go on American Idol and have Simon critique me :)

5. Country or City Life? Tell me why or why not.
~
I would definitely have to say country life. I have lived in several different cities from all over the country, Truro, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Vancouver & more, and every city I have lived I can tell you with 100% certainty that I am a country girl. As nice as it is to be nearby all the local shops and malls etc. you’re lucky if you have a yard for your children to play in, a school where there isn’t huge gangs, more drugs and cops out around the block to keep an eye on everything, larger class sizes etc. I could go on and on. Family is important to me and if driving a few extra miles to go shopping is the price I have to pay to have a yard, a less expensive home, better schools with smaller class sizes and a view of the ocean then sign me up! If Ryan gets a job in the city we would rather commute. Several people from the “country” commute and even car pool which will help with gas costs….as well as the fact that if I was living in the city, I would still take several trips a week to visit home for Jacob to see the people he loves like his cousins and Grammie and Granddad. So, regardless we would be paying the same in gas costs to either visit family or commute to work. We go to the city for church on the weekends so it’s not like I wouldn’t have regular access to city shops. I have always wanted a nice yard to raise chickens, or even have a few laying hens. I like the quietness of the country and the more relaxed life. If I was in the city I would have to wear ear plugs in bed because the cars honking and driving by all night would drive me up the wall. Country, country, country all the way. Some may view me as a hick, but I have traveled more than anyone I have met from the city and currently I am one of the few in my family with any education past high school let alone a diploma and a degree in ed. studies. So it’s not as if people in the country have any less opportunities to do something more.

If you want to play, here’s what you do if you’re interested:

-Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” Leave your email address as well.
-I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions
-You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
-You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
-When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them five questions of your choice *they don't have to be the same as the ones used here* and it keeps on going :) Hope you enjoyed it!

If any of you want to be interviewed feel free to email me then let me know when it's posted on your blog.

10 comments:

Amber said...

That's crazy that you didn't see yourself getting married & having kids right away....God obviously had different plans for you!!

Margo said...

I can totally relate to number 2.

You're brave! I would never want Simon to critique me!!

I love your new profile pic, by the way.

Ellie said...

Great answers Shanilie, I think there was an ongoing theme throughout most of your answers...you like teaching and have the heart for it. Good for you, when and if the time ever comes for you to decide on a career, it is probably all there for you already! No major desicions to make, only to "just do it".

Thank you for playing...Now it is your turn to come up with questions for the people who want to be interviewed, I found it to be a challenge!

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

THis is neat~kinda makes one feel like a "celebrity" of sorts, I would think :) You're answers are great!! I'm interested in you interviewing me~is it ok though when you do, if I copy & paste your "explanation" of the game? And, of course, you have my email :) Have a wonderful day my great blogger friend :)

Ingrid said...

wow!!! you got some very interesting answers there, girl~~~American Idol, huh~~~ :):) do you really want Simon Cowell to critique you with his harsh comments? ha ha~~~ k, i'll be watching you in the coming seasons of AI, that'll be fun!!

Dianna said...

Shanille pls send me your e-mail address and I will add you to my blog cause I made it private. -thanx Dianna

Shanilie said...

Amber: lol I am so glad God had a plan because it was completely better than anything I could have planned or imagined myself.

Margo: :) I guess I am a sucker for punishment....I am glad you can relate to #2....Glad you like my profile picture....a couple of days ago I just picked up the camera and squeezed Jacob and took a picture. I thought it was about time I added a completely current picture.

Ellie: Thanks for the interview. I think it would be difficult thinking up new questions every time too. I guess I will have to start thinking about that.

Connie: :) I never thought of it that way. I'm a celebrety of sorts I guess lol. I will definitly interview you. I will start thinking up some questions and get back to you soon. I look forward to hearing your answers.

Ingrid: lol Maybe in my wildest dreams. I would never have enough courage to wait in line all day. I would have ran away long before I would have even entered the building.

Shanilie said...

Hi Dianna, I was looking for your email address and I can't find it.....I tried opening your profile page but it wouldn't let me go to it either.....so I hope that you see this message. My email address is located at the top right section of my blog under "contact me" hope to hear from you soon, you can just email me your email addy :). I dropped earlier this week and noticed that you had made it private. Hope to hear from you soon.

Wendy said...

Great interview! Feel free to interview me. Sounds like fun! Just don't ask anything too hard! HAHAHA!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP