Almost 10 Years Ago .....

18.4.07

New Post for Jacob - Feel free to take a look: Click here or the Jacob tab above.

I was recently looking through my facebook account and noticed that I was tagged (mentioned) by someone. I didn't even recognize this picture either! I had to go check it out and see why my name was mentioned with regards to this photo. I must admit that the people in the photo I barley remember too. That just shows how great my memory is lol. This picture was taken in NY after my first year of university, when I went to work there one summer with the inner city kids. It was an AMAZING experience. I actually kept a journal recording what I did every hour of the day. A lot of great memories were made there. I am the second from the right in the front. It is hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago!!! Remembering back it almost seems surreal.

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

wow you look great in that photo!!! what a difference 10 yrs. makes, huh!!! the photo seemed like you guys had fun!!! NYC is great, isn't it?

btw, on April 30, 2007, the Blogosphere will hold a One-Day Blog Silence in honor of the victims at Virginia Tech. i hope you'll join. All you have to do is spread the word about it and post the graphic on your blog on April 30th. No words and no comments. Just respect, reflect and empathy. for more info about this, pls. check their website @ http://onedayblogsilence.com.

thank you!

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Wow, that's great! I'm sure that was fun, yet a learning experience as well. Great picture :)

Dianna said...

check out my comment under Jacob smiling just incase u missed it thanx

Shanilie said...

Ingrid: Thank you :) Yes, NYC is an amazing place and I would love to go again. I don't know why I don't, It's only about a days drive from here....a long days drive. I will definitely join in for the One-Day Blog Silence. What a great idea. I will get on that and check out all the details at the site. Thanks for mentioning it. I definitely want to be involved.

Connie: Thanks. It is funny when you see a photo that someone says you are in and one that I have never seen before. Kinda funny.

Dianna: Yes, I did miss that comment. I will definitely be over. You have such a great blog and I love meeting other mommy's. I actually lived in MB for three years till my husband and I decided to move back to NS my home town. My husband was born and raised near the Steinbach area. Small world.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP