This 'n' That

8.3.07

Not too much has been going on lately. Ryan and I went to the city today. Ryan was meeting with the reserves. They told him chances are pretty good that he can get in this summer. I am glad. Currently he is working 2 jobs teaching + grocery clerk. The second doesn’t pay as well and with being a teacher there is usually no pay for summers and breaks etc. So he is looking for a better part-time job that he will be able to work even on summer holidays. I think it will be a great experience for him too. Let’s hope he can get in this summer!

Anyway, while we were there we stopped into Toys R Us and finished Jacob’s birthday shopping. We were going to wait till closer to his birthday and just gather ideas…..but everything was on sale!!! I ended up getting many more items than I originally hoped, and I still saved money! I LOVE Toys R Us! There were so many nice things that I wanted to get but many were not age appropriate for a 2 year old. Jacob stayed with Grammie and Granddad. He has been REALLY teething the last 2 days. Very fevered and crying constantly which is not like him at all. It is so sad seeing him hurt. I have been giving him Tylenol and Anbesol. He has been drooling a lot and I have to keep changing his shirts because they get soaked in the front so fast. I even had to dig out his teething ring. Ryan just got back from the grocery store and bought some popsicles which has been the only thing he has been eating. He hasn’t eaten much in the last 2 days. I sure hope that this doesn’t last long. I thought he had most of his teeth, and they came in with hardly any trouble but I guess a few larger ones in the back are giving him some grief.

He is still doing well in his own bed and hasn’t been getting out :))))) He still mentions the bottle (ba bo) every time he cries then throws the sippe cup. It has been a while but he still remembers it. I know children grow special attachments to things for comfort and the bottle to him was definitely one of them. Now his ni-ni as he calls it (blanket) I am not taking that away. Children need those special attachments. I heard of a dad once cutting the end off a soother and throwing it to his son to get him off of the soother!!!! Gurrr that made me frustrated. That poor child watching dad destroy something special and comforting to him. I know there are creative ways of weaning children off of things but that one I just thought was cruel. But in other areas that I have heard he isn’t the best dad either. But that is a rant for another day.

Ryan is ordering a part for our camera online today, it reads memory cards so I am happy! I will be able to post pictures. But I am sure it will take a while to get here with shipping from Tiger Direct. :(

Well, I know….not too much excitement going on here the last couple of days. Please keep Jacob in your prayers that his teething with come to an end soon!!!


~~~Oh BTW Jacob came tied for third with Lani in the children's photo contest!~~~
I will post my button soon!

10 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

I love the sales at Toys R Us too! Score!

Jen said...

How did you get your template? I saw types like it on Gecko and Fly but the colors are different. How did you do it? was it hard?

Summer said...

i hope Jacob gets over his teething soon. I have exicting news. Come over to my blog and check it out. It might not be exicting for you as it for me.

Wendy said...

Oh man! POOR JACOB! Wesley just got in his final 6 year molars! I had no idea they still got teeth at 6!! I hope that they come in fast! Poor kiddo!

I love birthday shopping but as Wesley gets older it is getting harder to choose things for him! He is not a huge toy kid anymore!

Michael's work also slows down in the summer so he delivers lost baggage from a local airport! He makes great money in one night! And he only has to go if he wants so it is nice that he is not tied down to certian hours:)

Shanilie said...

Chick: I love sales. I do find things can be pretty expencive from time to time but if you go at the right time you can really save $.

Jen: I'll comment on your blog.

Summer: Thanks. Congrats on getting on the Top Mamma Page!

Wendy: I didn't know that either. Yikes...I guess his teething days won't be over for a while.

I know what you mean....even for Jacob I have a hard time deciding what to get him for his b-day. I want to get him things that are age appropriate and I don't want to go overboard. I usually go by what other people have lol.

That is a great part time job! Work on his own time. And it pays good $. Maybe Ryan should look at the air port. It isn't too far from here either. I like options!

Jen said...

Hey do you know how you can change the links at the top, the ones where you have scrapbook pages ect. How can I change that on mine? Oh and I found a way to use the template with new blogger. Just go to blogcrowds.com

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

That is great about Ryan possibly going into the reserves. I hope it all works out for him. Bobby may be making a career change as well~his brother may possibly be able to get him a job where he works (Bobby's brother is in management) & it would be Mon.-Sat. @ $11-$12/hour & family ins. It would be a small paycut, but the benefits outweigh the cut. And, he'd be home every nite :)

Anyway, I'm glad you guys were able to do some b-day shopping for Jacob~that's always fun! I'm sorry to hear he's having such a rough time w/teething & I'm praying for him that it'll be over very soon & he'll be back to his normal, happy self :)

That's awesome that he's still doing well in his big boy bed :) I agree w/you about children needing to have an attachment~something that gives them comfort no matter what. Kendall's happens to be his paci :)

That's great about the part for your camera. Maybe it won't take too long for you to receive it :)

That's great that Jacob came in 3rd~Congrats Jacob :)

Well, I hope my blogger friend & her family have a wonderful weekend :) Sorry for the "book" of a comment :)

Summer said...

Hi Shanile. I have started a contest of my own. Come over to my blog and check it out.

Ellie said...

Hi Shanilie,

I think I am back in the blog world. Got a few things settled and am now able to focus on other things again.

Being that our kids are 19 and 21 we haven't been visiting Toys R Us much in the past few years and recently I have had the urge to go there and look around. I wonder what that means???? I wonder if it means I would like to be a grandma? Surely not to be a mother again! Nah, I think it is just the "kid" in my coming out and wanting to play.

Keep us posted on Ryan getting to go into the Reserves. I think it would be hard to be a teacher and somehow make ends meet during the off months. I hope all goes well with that.

Poor Jacob. I have to say my kids never teethed really badly. They had some symptoms, but some kids get earache with it and all that. If I remember back they did a lot of slobbering, but not much fussing or anything like that. In fact it was like one day I would look in their mouth and nothing and then next day there were 4 teeth there. I guess I was blessed in that area.

Shanilie said...

Ellie: I am glad to see you blogging again! Having children can definitely give us some hair raising times.

I can understand not needing to shop at Toys R Us anymore lol. I am sure you will be a grandma some day and even when I didn't have Jacob I enjoyed looking through the store for family and friends. I think that there is a 'kid' in all of us!

Yes, things can get pretty tight as a teacher. With snow days, inservices and breaks that he doesn't get paid for. We hope for as many days as he can get. I hope Jacob's teething days will soon be over.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP