My Day & Meme "Real Mom's"

14.3.07

This has been another busy two days. Yesterday we were gone most of the day and today Jacob went to his cousin’s Molly, Jeremiah, Adam, Emma and Micalea’s hockey game. Jacob just loes going to the rink. It wasn’t even that cold in there. He was clapping his hands energetically when our team scored and was even cheering and yelling in his little deep manly voice. Lol After the game Granddad and I did a few errands together then drove home. Ryan was working that evening so again I spent my what was going to be alone evening with family lol...Granddad’s wife, my grammie Doe is one of the ones in Cuba this week so he is all alone so I have invited him over for supper tomorrow evening. I used to complain about being so close to everyone because there was never a moments peace but I have come to love it and wouldn’t change it for the world! I love it even more because Jacob sees those who love him so often as well. We love it so much we even looked at a house only a few houses down from here……but that is a post for another day :)

Ryan has another meeting with the reserves on Tuesday. They said they are always actively hiring officers, so I know with Ryan’s 3 degrees, impeccable health and great personality I know they will love him just as much as me ;) I always say there should be more men out there like Ryan. He has the hugest heart of everyone I have ever met. I LOVE U BABE! Anyway, I could go on lol but I won’t. Now I am finally home and Jacob is soundly asleep and since CSI NY was an old episode….I don’t really know what else to watch this evening to relax to till Ryan gets home….oh that’s another thing…..our home is spotless. I love March Break. It is a great time to catch up on everything.

Anyway, moving on…. Janet tagged me for a meme called “Real Mom’s” I guess I am supposed to describe what I think a real Mom is. Hers was great. Go take a look. Though I do feel completely the same as what she described I figured I couldn’t copy hers now could I?! I will see what I can come up with.

Real Mom’s

What is a real mom……


As a mother your heart grows a million times over. You learn to love more, forgive more and accept things more. After having a child you have more purpose and meaning in life and see the things that are important. You value life, not possessions, new things eventually get old and ‘things’ will have to be replaced. Nothing can replace your child. You feel like you’re the richest person on the planet because you have such an amazing person in your life. You take in every moment as time just slips away so fast. I feel like Jacob was just born – he’s almost 2! I think I will always wonder where the time went and think back to when he was a little baby. Treasure these moments because they are fleeting!

You want to hold on to them so tight but also have to realize that they are not just yours. They are their own person. No one knows how wonderful having a child is unless they experience that for themselves. Your wants become the wants of your child. If someone is hurting you child you protect them, if someone wants nothing to do with you child then you feel sorry for them because they are missing out on one of the greatest blessings in life. As a mother your child becomes your priority and everyone else fades away. Selfishness is put aside, as your life comes before your child. Your child is the most beautiful person in the world you have ever met. All babies are cute and precious yes….but your own….magnificent! I understand why in my Marriage and Family class the professor told me that a married couple is not a family….the definition of family states you are not a family until that couple has children. I remember hearing that and thinking how ridiculous, a couple can be a family….boy, was I wrong. I really do have a family now. A real Mom treasures her family and dreams and anticipates their children dropping in for visits and going out for dinners and babysitting grandkids. A real Mom becomes the center of the family.

There are difficult times as with anything but it is worth it…..after a long hard day you peek in on your little one sleeping and all of that melts away. you may not believe it but when Jacob was first born I loved him but I didn’t know him. I didn’t know how to love him and that scared me. After 2 years that love has increased day after day. I can’t imagine how much I will love him in 10 years time! Good thing too lol because with that comes new challenges.
-A real Mom picks boogers out of your Childs nose and changes poopie bums.
- A real Mom can’t be primped up all the time because when you lean into the car to get your child out of his car seat you get mud from the car all over your pants, spit up, breakfast, lunch, and dinner all over your shirt.
- A real Mom puts her kids first and teaches them out of love and how to love others
-A real Mom wants their child to grow up independent and ready to follow their own dreams and not pressure them to do what you want.
- A real Mom has a yummy healthy meal on the table.
-A real Mom has fun and lightens up on the little things. Choose your battles, your child will be out of the house before you know it.
- A real Mom can see past faults and realize in the end we are all just human and life is too short for self pity and selfishness. We all have imperfections and we all have dislikes toward others that’s life. That’s how it is…..Get over it.


I could go on and on and on but I had to stop. I had a lot of fun though. Thanks Janet for tagging me! This really made me stop and think. With my meme I really did type a lot more than I needed and I did focus on the positive side of things a little more but that’s just me :) To all of you that I tag….don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be this long. I am going to go ahead and tag don't feel like you have to...I know some meme's can be a little time consuming. Connie, Margo, Ellie, Wendy, and Ute

13 comments:

Gina said...

I love this. A treasure for your kiddies for years to come! : )

Ute said...

That was good. What else can I say? Now you can see me walking around the house all day thinking about what a real mom is...:-))

Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" said...

That was wonderful.
So glad you played along.
Great piece.

Shanilie said...

Gina: Thank you for stopping by :) I am so glad for the blog because otherwise I don't think I would be recording anything. I am not the best person for expressing myself. I wish I had the knowledge of how to vividly express myself through writing to share what is in my heart and mind....but I still find it difficult to come up with the right words.

Ute: Thanks! :)) I am glad you enjoyed it. You're right, it really does get you thinking. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Janet: I am glad you liked it. This meme really got me to think. I enjoyed this meme. Thanks for the tag.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

What a sweet, touching post Shanilie :) I don't have time right now to do the meme. Justin's going to spend the nite w/one of Bobby's brothers tomorrow nite so after I get Kendall in bed for the nite, I'll do it then~because Bobby's working tomorrow nite & won't be here til between 10:30-11:00 PM. So, I'll have some quiet time to do it then (plus that'll give me time to think about what I'm going to write :)

HeiressChild said...

shanilie,

these are your comments to gina above:
I am not the best person for expressing myself. I wish I had the knowledge of how to vividly express myself through writing to share what is in my heart and mind....but I still find it difficult to come up with the right words.

you're doing an excellent job right here on your blog coming up with the right words.

Shanilie said...

Connie: I am glad you enjoyed this. It really gets you to think. I didn't really know what to say at first but once I started writing it, I was suprised how it all just came. I will look forward to see what you come up with. lol I know what you mean, ever since I wrote this I keep thinking of all the things I should have said and things to add too it. But then it would turn into a novel :)

Sylvia: Wow, that was so nice. I am glad you think so. I am usually very critical of the things that I write and do have a really hard time with it. Thank you for your very encouraging words.

Wendy said...

Shanilie~ Thanks for tagging me! It's my first time:) I will definetly try to get to it this weekend!

Shanilie said...

Oh really, cool. Your first meme tag :) I will look forward to see what you come up with.

Shanilie said...

Oh, also, I will probably tag you for more memes in the future. I enjoy doing meme's a little too much :)

Janean said...

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo! I hope you don't mind but I snagged this meme! :D What a great idea..and you didn't even tag me.
Have an awesome week!

Wendy said...

Hey! I just posted my "Real Mom's" meme! Thanks for tagging me! That was fun:)

Wendy said...

Hey! I just posted my "Real Mom's" meme! Thanks for tagging me! That was fun:)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP