The Future

18.3.07

Ryan and I had a fantastic March Break together. It was productive, yet relaxing and we visited family as much as possible. We took Jacob to a few hockey games to see his cousins Emma, Micalea, and Adam play. Emma got a goal! We were sure cheering. Afterwards, the whole family went out for supper together before Adam’s game later that evening. Now we are back to reality.

Earlier this week my cousins Pat & April did get the house they put an offer on! We are very excited for them. Thanks for those of you who said a few prayers for them. They are stressed, yet excited, which I can totally understand…..speaking of which…..


Ryan and I are going through a similar thing right now. This actually just conspired earlier this week as the end of the school year is quickly approaching (IT'S ALMOST APRIL!!).We have been in the middle of applying for teaching jobs for next year. Teaching up north has always been a possibility for us and the people we are renting from knew that when we moved in and knew right from the beginning that we are looking to teach up north.

Last year things didn’t pan out, but we never planned to give up on that entirely. If we did get a job up north we could be gone the earliest, by end of the teaching year in June. We have other possibilities up in the air as well. We have met with a mortgage broker who is going to tell us Wednesday if we have been pre-approved for a certain $ for a mortgage! I am holding my breath, but I can’t help but hope that if we get accepted and can move to the city. My aunt Sandy lives there and that is where my sister Rachael will be going to school next year. My family is always heading that way for something and it will really help lower the amount we currently spend on gas/month.

The people we are renting from now have always known us leaving was a definite possibility. That was established well before we moved in and we made sure we confirmed that. Otherwise we would've definitely NOT moved in. Especially if we were to go up North. They said “they understood and that it wasn’t a problem” I hope they haven’t forgotten what they said last summer before we moved in. Thankfully, ALL the places we have rented up till now have been month to month. EVERYONE knows that we can’t commit ourselves to one place for a year …..especially since Ryan is a teacher.



It will also answer our prayers about finding the right church for us, as there are MANY. I am longing to feel at home in a church. A place where I can get involved with music as well as in leadership, whether it be as a Sunday school teacher, or youth group leader. I have gotten involved in every church we have ever gone to and I love it. Anyway, everything is still up in the air right now and we are not ruling anything out.

Prayer Requests:

1.) That we will find God’s clear direction for our future
2.) We can get approved for a decent mortgage
3.) that the people we are renting from can find other renters for the house we are in or find someone who wants to buy it. Thankfully, for them, we moved in before they had to pay for 2 mortgages as they didn’t even have their house up for sale yet. I guess some people wait till last minute to do things. They had better put it up for sale soon then because we will not be here for much longer.
4.) That we can feel build roots and hopefully start trying for #2. We were holding off recently and will keep holding off till we are established more next year.
______________________

For any of you who are interested in adding my button to your site I just got the code. Just copy and paste it in your template. I will also add this in my side bar for future reference.


9 comments:

Summer said...

hey, that's great that you might be pre-approved for a mortgage and you guys getting a job north. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

That's awesome that you might be approved for a mortgage :) I will definitely add your prayer requests to my prayers :) Take care :)

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

I just wanted to let you know that I did "A Real Mom" meme Sat. If you have a chance, go over & take a look & let me know what you think :)

Shanilie said...

Summer: Thanks summer. I am really hoping for the best.

Connie: Thank you for your prayers. They are sooo appreciated. I know I am hoping against hope that we will get a decent mortgage, it seems a little out of reach with Ryan as a substitute......he works every day but banks don't see it as permanent work :( Lets hope there is some lender out there who can see we are making our ends meet in other areas...especially rent.

Ute said...

Well I really hope that you get this mortgage thing and that you find a place where you can feel comfortable and at home. I know how important that is.

I learned as well, that being a teacher in Germany is completely different from being a teacher in Canada. Here, this is the most secure job you can have after the first thre to five years. Nobody can dismiss you. You have 72 days of holidays a year with no disadvantages regarding money, you get your money nonetheless. School in Germany starts at 8 a.m and is finished at 1 p.m. so teachers can do their preparations for the next day in the afternoons. Still they complain about everything. I guess some teachers here needed to be send to Canada or if your want to have perfect working conditions as a teacher move to Germany.
I exaggerate, but teachers really live in paradies.

Wendy said...

How exciting! I remember when Michael and I were looking for this house! It was so stressful and we never thought that we would have been approved! We were so young with a small income! Then surprise here we are 5 years later! Good Luck! LOt's of good thoughts for you and Ryan! It will be so nice when you have a place to call your own to settle down in! Hooray!

Shanilie said...

Ute: Wow, I should teach in Germany! It sounds like a great job over there. From 8-1, I can't imagine. You're right, they should teach here for a bit lol. I guess we all find things to complain about.

Wendy: Wow, that is wonderful and a great encouragement. I really hope there is at least one bank lender the mortgage broker can find for us that will at least give us something. A bank would have no problems giving us one if Ryan had a permanent position but it stinks as he is a substitute but he gets calls for every day of the week. I'm still holding my breath! Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes. I'll keep you posted.

Kiki said...

Living arrangements are definitely stressful. I know our (my roommates and I) lease is up in April and we have do decide whether or not to renew it . . . but it's usually a year long thing and two of us can't commit to a whole extra year . . . I wish we had a month-by-month place!
Anyways, decisions are crazy, and I don't want to settle down, but in some ways it would be a relief to have a permanent home.

Kiki said...

Living arrangements are definitely stressful. I know our (my roommates and I) lease is up in April and we have do decide whether or not to renew it . . . but it's usually a year long thing and two of us can't commit to a whole extra year . . . I wish we had a month-by-month place!
Anyways, decisions are crazy, and I don't want to settle down, but in some ways it would be a relief to have a permanent home.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP