Eye Injuries, B-day Parties + More....

28.3.07

These last few days have been busy ones. My youngest sister Rachael got a paper cut in her eye from a fellow classmate flailing papers in her face (for fun) and it got her eye. It has been getting worse and yesterday the white of most of her eye was red with a large growth on it. So, I accompanied mom and Rachael to the eye doctor. Thankfully the only part that got cut was the white of her eye and not the other parts lol yes, I know my eye parts but I figured that would sum it up better. The eye doctor gave her a gel to keep the eye moist, help relief pain, and prevent infection. She also said that she wants Rachael to come in every 24hrs for the rest of the week to make sure that it doesn’t worsen. My mom is working today so I am driving Rachael to the city for her appointment. Adventures for sure.



My other sister Caitlin’s 17th birthday party was last night. It was a fun time spent with family and friends and really really good food. She will be finished school this winter and wants to join the military. I guess she wants to follow in Dad + Bro’s footsteps :) Believe it or not I didn’t bring my camera and didn’t take one picture! I had better run. Jacob is all ready, we had breakfast and Ryan headed off to school and now I need to make my way over to pick up Rachael for her eye appointment later on today. My granddad also invited us out for supper, so that is where I will be this afternoon. The days get so busy in summer, so don’t be surprised if my posts are few and far between in the months to come. I am still trying to visit/comment on the blogs I love, but I am still surprised how long just a few comments take too! Lol

9 comments:

Wendy said...

OUCH! Eye injuries make me nauseous(sp?)! I hope that it heals up okay for her! You are a good big sister to trek out there and bring her in:) I figure that most people will have less posts this summer!! I am sure the ones I do ahve will just be longer and full of too many pictures! Have a great dinner at your Granddad's!

Laura said...

Hey,
Hope Rachs eye is better soon!
I wrote my final exam in English today, I think it wasn't too bad. Now I have 2 weeks break before the final exam in maths.
Take care, Laura

Summer said...

Hi,

I hope your sister eye get better soon. I know how it feels to get an eye injury, I had one when I was younger and i had to wear a patch over my eye. Great pictures of Jacob. Have fun today at your parents place.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Sorry to hear about your sister's eye injury~that has to be painful! The party for Caitlin sounds like it was fun! Have fun w/your granddad for supper. It's funny that you mention that (commenting on other's blogs)~I think that takes just as much time as posting an update :) Take care my blogger friend & have a great day :)

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Oh, I meant to say~Precious pics of Jacob :)

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Oh, I meant to say~Precious pics of Jacob :)

That Chick Over There said...

A papercut in the EYE! Oh my gracious sakes!

Ellie said...

Since reading that, ummmm, I think I now have a paper cut too! lol Isn't it odd how when we hear of something, like a school infested with lice, all of a sudden we become itchy all over! This is the same thing. I had to close my eyes for a moment after reading that!

Hope you had fun at your grandfathers house.

Ingrid said...

i came here from ellie's blog. i just have to check out your site and i'm amazed how cute your little jacob is. nice blog, too! i like the color pink! i love how you love your son so much! you reminded me when my boy was younger, i had to be a SAHM (to use your acronym) :) :) for some years, i never regretted it. it was the best years of my life. i've linked your blog to my page so you'll just be a click away, if it's ok with you. i'll be checking in every now and then. take care!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP