Our Great .......Not So Great Date - Attempt #2

26.2.07

I don’t know if anyone remembers the last date that Ryan and I had….take a look….well, we had a chance to have another go at it lol! My uncle Johnny and Aunt Claudette love babysitting Jacob and Jacob loves playing with their three children Emma, Michaela, and Adam. They were thrilled to have the day with him. He even got to go to church with them.

It started off great. We were able to get our air miles tickets switched to the right ones, because the last time they sent Cina Plex tickets rather than Empire Theatre tickets. We had to pay to send the wrong ones back, so they decided to give us a free ticket for all of our trouble. I thought that wasn’t too bad considering now we can go on another date soon ;) We like to go to the matinee showings (we are not late people at all) so, we drove to the City for to the 12:30 showing of Bridge To Terabithia. Ryan had read the book when he was younger and we both like fantasy type children’s movies. We got our popcorn and drink, situated our jackets before we sat down, and just as I was getting ready to sit I tip over the drink, we lost ALL of it. Thankfully this time it landed on the floor instead of all over me. Also, last time we had to re-pay for a drink we didn’t even get a sip of. This time they re-filled it for free.

The movie was getting under way….we were enjoying it…..then out of the blue…..SADNESS!!!!! (I don’t want to ruin it for you) There were people bawling all over the theatre…sniffles, blowing noses, loud sobbing. That is another thing you should know about me….I do NOT watch sad movies. It was totally unexpected and I was not prepared for the flood of tears that lasted me through the rest of the movie. One thing worse than watching a sad movie is being surrounded by a hundred other sobbing people. I would have to say that this is on my “the saddest movies ever” list. My little cousin (10) told me she really wanted to see it. I think for me, that this movie would have been traumatic to see as a child.

We did some shopping in the City as well. We got Jacob a few gifts for his birthday in April ( I still don’t know what to get him) We went to Wal Mart and got a few things there that we needed as well. The last thing we did was have supper at Applebee’s…our absolute favorite restaurant. I have NEVER been anywhere else that has food as good as there. It was the place we used to go together in Winnipeg. The one in Winnipeg is a lot different in terms of surroundings but the food is still the same. Our last date they said they were out of honey dill sauce, then this time they said that they don’t even have it on the menu anymore and hadn’t the last year. So, the last waitress we had completely had no idea what she was talking about when she said that they were out. Anyway, I am going to have to look into this. I would be shocked if the one in Winnipeg would stop making that dipping sauce. I guess we’ll see. Did you know that Applebee’s is the largest casual dining chain? I didn’t know that till yesterday.

In closing, I have to say that this date was exceptionally better than last time but still….I think there are things that could be improved for next time lol. We did have a LOT of fun being together just the two of us :)

13 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so glad that you and Ryan were able to get away for a bit! It really recharges a relationship just to get out for a few hours! Especially when you know that Jacob was in good hands:)

I had heard what happened in BTT and I am sooo glad because Wesley really wanted to go see it! They make it look like such a fun movie in the trailers! I also read the book but I truly don't remember the story! I think that I will read it again!

I think that Applebees is yummy but we just got a TGIFriday's here and I think that it is taking over:) We will see though!

Glad you had a great weekend!

Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" said...

Hey, practice makes perfect, right?

Amber said...

I can't BELIEVE your drink spilled again! How is that even possible?!?! I'm happy you had a good day together with your hubby!

I love Applebees too! As far as I know Wpg still serves the honey dill sauce...and they better not stop either!!!

Shanilie said...

Wendy: You're right. It really did re-charge our relationship. We felt like we were dating like we did when we first met. I love remembering 'old times' lol I know what you mean. In the previews it looks so fun. Gurr...false advertising :)

Janet: Maybe we'll get it right next time lol

Amber: I know!! I am the most accident prone person there is....especially when it comes to spilling things lol.

I told Ryan that there would be a riot in Winnipeg if they took away the honey dill sauce. I am not happy....I guess I will have to wait till I am in Winnipeg again before I have any :( it is my favorite dipping sauce there is!

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

I'm glad you & Ryan had a somewhat better time this go 'round! It does help to re-charge when you're able to go out for a bit. I love my boys more than life but every parent needs a break sometimes :) Glad you had fun though :)

Ellie said...

Oh my goodness, that was funny that everyone started crying...I could just about imagine the expression on your face! Too funny. Well, you have to tell Ryan to take you to see "Because I said so" because I think you will definitly laugh at that one. I did, and every other woman in the theatre did when we went to see it on Friday night.

Like one of your commenters said, "one of these times you will it right"...you just haven't had enough practice lately!

Thanks for the laugh!:)

Summer said...

Hi. Thanks for the comment on my blog. That's great that you and Ryan were able to get out and have some fun together.

Charity said...

Sounds like you had a good time :D hey can you do me a fav and take me off your links list I deleted my blog... i will tell you about some other time Anyway I hope you have a good day and I love you

Shanilie said...

Hi Charity, wow you commented. I just wanted to let you know if you go under SETTINGS and click - DELETE BLOG it will actually get rid of the page you already started and you woudn't have to ask people to remove the link. Sry about your experience. Sad thing is that it could happen off of any site on the web, not just blogs. If people set out to get info, they will find a way no matter what you are using.

Jen said...

Hey, just thought I'd leave a comment, I really enjoy reading your blog. Also I was wondering how much you know about getting new templates in your blog. I put a new one in mine. But parts of it is being silly. If you want could you take a look and give me any suggestions of how to fix it? I'm out of ideas. But I really love the template. Thanks.

Kiki said...

I read that book in grade six! I think I'm psychologically damaged from it. The only thing I remember from it is the tragic part - and I remember it vividly.

Shanilie said...

I can't even imagine how psychologically damaged I would be if I had read/watched it in grade six! I can understand. If only Ryan had remembered it! I still go to him some days and bewilderedly ask him....how could you NOT remember that! lol I would suggest not watching it. lol

That Chick Over There said...

I loved that book as a child and I remember exactly what happens, which is why I've been really surprised by all the previews.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP